Corsair Community

Looking for 280mm system for Define R5 front mount

v81

I have a Kraken x61 at the moment as the Corsair H115i I purchased had 20mm hole spacing between the fans.

Was annoying because it was pictured on the box with no gap between the fans.

The Kraken is playing up a little, and i'm looking to return it.

Does corsair actually have a 280mm system with 15-16mm spacing between the fan holes?

Am on a dialup connection at the moment, will post photo later.

I thought the H115i was 15mm. In any case, I am pretty sure the only difference in the H110i GTX and the H115i is the fan mount holes. Maybe look at the H110i GTX?

I would just wait on someone from Corsair to clear up which model you should go with.

I believe Hydroponic is correct. The first version of the H115i, the H110i GTX, had 15mm spacing. That was unfortunate because it was not compatible with a lot of Corsair cases. It was adjusted to 20mm on the re-do and I wonder if the product photo was transferred over. The GTX is getting a little harder to find. Keep in mind there are some other limitations on that model. You cannot run fan speed based on CPU temperature. It may not work with other 3rd party software control. If there is a warranty issue, Corsair may not be able to provide another GTX. I am not sure if this puts you in a better position than the X61.

I'm both surprised and disappointed.

Having the 2 fans sit flush next to each other (ie 15mm spacing) is the only configuration that will work in my case, and many others i'd assume.

So Corsair then go ahead with a design that only works with their case?

Looks like i'm sticking with the Kraken.

I can confirm the picture on the H115i shows the fans sitting hard up against each other, whereas in real life they sit 5mm apart with a gap between them.

Made it very difficult when i was trying to figure out why what i had was different to what was on the box.

I'm both surprised and disappointed.

Having the 2 fans sit flush next to each other (ie 15mm spacing) is the only configuration that will work in my case, and many others i'd assume.

So Corsair then go ahead with a design that only works with their case?

Looks like i'm sticking with the Kraken.

I can confirm the picture on the H115i shows the fans sitting hard up against each other, whereas in real life they sit 5mm apart with a gap between them.

Made it very difficult when i was trying to figure out why what i had was different to what was on the box.

Yeah my H115i has a few millimeters between fans. The H110i GTX is the same exact unit but with different fan holes. If you can find one, it would probably work.

Unfortunately, Corsair does not deem it necessary to put the fan spacing in the product specifications and people get burned. The 15 vs 20mm spacing causes the same problems you have with any two standard system and is not always brand specific. You can always argue the other way and say all cases should have 20mm spacing instead. It's an issue most people don't know exists until they take the product out of the box. A little more detail to the specifications might prevent some of these instances.

Archived