Corsair Community

Vengeance LED compatability

Qqu

• Corsair Employees
I am in the midst of gathering components for a new gaming rig. RamGuy, would a pair of Vengeance LED CMU32GX4M4C3200C16 Kits (8 Sticks) work on an EVGA x99 FTW-K?

Thank you!

2 separate kits would never be guaranteed to be compatible when used together, unfortunately.

As for a single kit, I would keep it at about 3000mhz tops for x99.

2 separate kits would never be guaranteed to be compatible when used together, unfortunately.

As for a single kit, I would keep it at about 3000mhz tops for x99.

Art, I saw the promotional video for this ram on Corsairs' YouTube channel

[ame]

[/ame]

It shows 8 sticks of the LED ram on a x99 series main board. Will Quad kits be available at some point?

• Corsair Employees
Art, I saw the promotional video for this ram on Corsairs' YouTube channel

It shows 8 sticks of the LED ram on a x99 series main board. Will Quad kits be available at some point?

Quad kits are already available, they'll have 4 modules.

Quad kits are already available, they'll have 4 modules.

Yes, thank you but the video and pics on your product pages show 8 sticks in a x99 mainboard. Will 8 stick kits be available at some point or will I have to buy two 4 stick kits and hope they work together?

• Corsair Employees
Yes, thank you but the video and pics on your product pages show 8 sticks in a x99 mainboard. Will 8 stick kits be available at some point or will I have to buy two 4 stick kits and hope they work together?

Not sure about any unreleased part numbers, unfortunately.

The kits you see on the advertising is mostly for show for now.

As you mention, you can always buy 2 separate kits and hope they play well together.

Not sure about any unreleased part numbers, unfortunately.

The kits you see on the advertising is mostly for show for now.

As you mention, you can always buy 2 separate kits and hope they play well together.

Art, thank you for your responses. One final question regarding the LEDs, I see the pulsate but can they be set to always be on? I can't seem to find any info on that... Thanks again!

• Corsair Employees
Art, thank you for your responses. One final question regarding the LEDs, I see the pulsate but can they be set to always be on? I can't seem to find any info on that... Thanks again!

We're working on adding other modes.

We're working on adding other modes.

Awesome but now I have one final question based on that info :D:

The H115i cooler arrives on Wednesday so the memory is the last component needed to get my new rig up and running!

I see you have some CMU32GX4M4C3000C15 modules in stock now. So my question is will the new modes you are working on be able to be applied to modules already purchased?

Again, thank you for your responses!

• Corsair Employees
Awesome but now I have one final question based on that info :D:

The H115i cooler arrives on Wednesday so the memory is the last component needed to get my new rig up and running!

I see you have some CMU32GX4M4C3000C15 modules in stock now. So my question is will the new modes you are working on be able to be applied to modules already purchased?

Again, thank you for your responses!

Yep, what's being worked on should be backwards compatible from the information I have. Sorry I can't give you more info, but don't you worry much about it.

Yep, what's being worked on should be backwards compatible from the information I have. Sorry I can't give you more info, but don't you worry much about it.

Thank you sir! Modules ordered and on the way! After I get this new system up and running, I'll see about trying to slip another kit in :D:

Archived