Corsair Community

RMi1000 + H115i

Solfaur

Hi guys,

So I got a RMi1000 PSU and a H115i cooler and I want to have them both connected with Corsair Link.

Now my question is, how do I interconnect the PSU and cooler so I end up only using one USB 2.0 on the motherboard? I see there is a 4-pin C-link cable with the PSU, but not sure how I could connect that to the H115i.

I'm using an ASUS Rampage V motherboard with that ROG extension thingy, could I perhaps control the H115 through that or is C-link mandatory?

Thanks!

I see, I plan on installing the two in the coming days, is it absolutely necessary to connect them both for C-link, or do they work without?

I can free up one USB 2.0 port, but will have to get a converter from 3.0 to 2.0 for the second device.

I can free up one USB 2.0 port.

Do you mean port or header? Each header contains two ports so all you need to do is move the pins as I specified in the link.

If you don't wish to do that then get the NZXT IU01.

You don't need to have the PSU USB connected, but if you don't the you can't monitor it.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160454 where I answered much the same as you are asking.

Yes I mean header, my Rampage V has 2x3.0 and 2x2.0 headers, got one free 3.0, the other connected to the front case USB ports, one 2.0 for front case USB ports (I can drop this, since I never use them) and the other 2.0 is used for the ROG extension (which I could also drop actually).

I'm not sure yet if I'll try moving the pins/get a converter/nzxt extension, but until I do that, could I go ahead and install the H115i as well without C-link? (basically install connect all other cables except the C-link USB one). Can I control the fans on it through my motherboard meanwhile?

And thanks red-ray for your tips, much appreciated.

basically install connect all other cables except the C-link USB one.

There is no such thing as a "C-Link USB cable".

The H115i just has a USB cable.

The RM100i has both a USB cable + a C-Link cable, but you don't have a C-Link port that you could plug it into.

Can I control the fans on it through my motherboard meanwhile?

You could just install the H115i without connecting the USB cable at all and it would run using it's default control profile.

BTW Are you aware that ASUS AI Suite should not be used at the same time as Corsair Link 4? ASUS AI Suite is poorly engineered and fails to use locks to interlock access to the motherboard sensors and should not be used at the same time as any other monitoring software.

You could just install the H115i without connecting the USB cable at all and it would run using it's default control profile.

BTW Are you aware that ASUS AI Suite should not be used at the same time as Corsair Link 4? ASUS AI Suite is poorly engineered and fails to use locks to interlock access to the motherboard sensors and should not be used at the same time as any other monitoring software.

I never used/installed ASUS AI Suite. The Rampage V has a physical extension "ROG OC panel", which, among other things can also fit 4x4pin fans and control them. I also have an old Scythe fan controller that I could use for this.

The only monitoring software I use is coretemp and msi ab. I could drop coretemp if I get into C-link, well see.

So I just finished installing the two, and it was quite the pain, since my case is an old CM Storm Trooper and it was super tight fit with the H115i (and I actually considered push/pull 4 fans like on my old H100 for a bit LOL).

I didn't connect either to C-link yet but I ordered a NZXT IU01 which should arrive sometime next week to fix it.

Temps are nice, but also very silent on this default profile, they fans run at 1400~ RPM. Way, WAY more silent than my H100.

I didn't connect either to C-link yet but I ordered a NZXT IU01 which should arrive sometime next week to fix it.

What does "either to C-link yet" mean? The H115i does not have a C-Link port, so you can't C-Link connect it :confused:.

BTW what CPU do you have?, you should really add your PC specs to your profile

What does "either to C-link yet" mean? The H115i does not have a C-Link port, so you can't C-Link connect it :confused:.

BTW what CPU do you have?, you should really add your PC specs to your profile

By that I mean of course the USB cable, which in is needed so my cooler gets recognized by C-link in Windows, same for PSU.

I will add my specs to my profile, but for now I'll just paste it from my steam profile.

CPU Model: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4 GHz | Corsair H115i

Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME

Ram: 4x 4GB Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Kit @ 3000MHz | CL15

Video Card: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB DDR5 256-bit @ 2050 MHz | 9410 MHz

Sound Card: ROG SupremeFX 7.1

Storage: SSD - OCZ Vertex 460A 480GB SATA-III + HDDs - WD Black 6TB SATA-III 128MB 7200 RPM & WD Black 2TB SATA-III 64MB 7200RPM & WD Red 3TB SATA-III 64MB 7200RPM & 5TB external BACK-UPs

Power Supply: Corsair RMi1000

Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper + 8x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Red LED + Fan controller Scythe Kaze Master Pro black

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm Trigger

Mouse: Logitech G500s + Logitech G440 mousepad

CD/DVD: Asus DVD drive black

Monitor: Dell U2711 REVA07 IPS

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 & HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Gun Metal

My NZXT IU01 arrived yesterday, and it's perfect. Managed to get both the PSU and the cooler working with C-link, and I even have spare internal USB 2.0 left.

The cooling is from the H115i is awesome, but a little loud when fans are over 1500 RPM. Do you think it's worth it to replace the fans? I don't really care about LED and aesthetics because I have the fans mounted as an exhaust between the radiator and case roof, so you can't see them. Only a question of noise really.

Archived