Corsair Community

How to change fan speed in response to CPU TEMP?

Wadetheworthy

As of now I believe that the fan will only increase in speeds when the H80i GT's temperatures are higher. Is there any way to ditch Corsair Link and somehow get the fans to work in response to the CPU temperatures? Or could it be anything to do with the DC and PWM modes on the motherboard settings? When I switched it to DC, the CPU fan was always appearing as 0RPM. My motherboard is the ASUS z170-P.

Using Corsair Link 4 and the H80iGT this is not possible, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986. Corsair hinted they might do a software work around, but AFAIK they have not done this.

For the H80iGT to work as intended you need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header so it gets the constant +12 volts it needs to operate as designed.

You would need to ask Corsair when and if CL4 will enable this. I suspect this will be shortly after hell freezes over.

If you are using ASUS AI Suite then this is the only software you should use that access the motherboard sensors as it is poorly engineered and fails to use mutexes to interlock access, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037.

To use AI Suite then you should connect the H80iGT to say the W_PUMP header and disable control for that header. The two fans should be connected to CPU_FAN + CPU_OPT and configured identically.

I have tried using older versions of Corsair link, specifically the ones that allowed devices to be grouped to any sensor, but nothing appears in versions earlier than 3.2.5676.

The limitation is the Asetek H80iGT firmware, not the CL software, though as was said a software work around is possible.

You could do what you want using any CL version combined with any of the CoolIT H110i, H110iGT, H100i or H80i coolers.

I also think it may be possible using the Asetek H80iV2.

Archived