Corsair Community

Ideal 4 pin High SP LED fan for h100i

slenda

I`m not clear on which High Static Pressure (SP) Corsair LED fans are 4 pin ? I just got a SP120 white LED but it turns out its only 3 pin. I have it installed on my h100i as recommended by Corsair support but I feel it should be 4 pin ,as the stock h100i fans are 4 pin. Do they make a 4 pin LED fan ?

There previously were no 4 pin PWM LED fans offered by Corsair. It is not all that common across other manufactures either. However, Corsair has just released the ML120 PRO LED fan that has a PWM motor and is at least available in white and red. The product page is not up yet and ML120s may be hard to find right now. There are a few other choices out there as well in the 120mm size.

The SP120 LED fan has a DC fan motor and will run at maximum speed all the time if connected directly to the H100i. You likely can regain control by moving them to the motherboard and using BIOS and/or software fan control.

Yes I have it connected to the motherboard. The MSi Bios Command center wont control it like the 4 pin stock fan. But I see the Corsair ML120 PRO LED CO-9050041-WW 120mm on their web site now which is 4 pin. I didn't pay much for the SP120 White LED, got it on Ebay for $14.99 with free shipping. I`m glad I didn't get 2 SP120`s because now I want the ML120 which is $28.00 each plus shipping ,but I will get one soon.

Archived