Corsair Community

High temp?

magma82

Hi all, in this days i test corsair h110i with my i7 6700k, atm it's summer and in my room i have like 30°C. Under IBT the cpu at 4,5Ghz hit 77°C.It's normal with 2 noctua nf-a14 pwn? with corsair fans the temp is 76°. Something wrong?

Thanks for info

I can't open the attachment in its current form. However, my first response is no... there is nothing wrong with the cooler. IBT is fairly brutal and a 30C room temperature means your CPU baseline temperature is starting in low 30's before you dump all that voltage into it. You didn't specify your voltage (perhaps it is in the attachment), but that is going to be dominate factor in any kind of stress test like IBT. Keeping it under 80C in those conditions is pretty good and well, I am assuming you don't have a reason to run IBT on a regular basis in the Summer. Any problems with other regular applications/games?

I am not sure I understand the 60C at idle. Are you saying the CPU temps jump between 33 and 60C while sitting at the desktop? 60-65C is about where I would expect to see your peak game temps at a 30C room temp and that cooler. However, if you are running some heavy GPUs that can affect the cooler temperatures. We don't have any information on your case, where the radiators are located, etc.

Your general temperatures are in range and so is the H110i Temp (water temp), but this 33-60C thing has me puzzled. OS Windows 10?

The problem with min/max reporting is does not track the frequency of spikes and unless you sit there and watch it, you can't tell when it happened. Windows 10 does some strange stuff with the CPU. When ever I open the themes panel, it thinks I need 12 cores at 4.5GHz on the job. It usually spikes 15C from that. If I sit there and select various themes, it will spike each time over and over. Lots of things in the old Win 7 part of the control panel interface seem to do this. Opening Chrome can cause a 50% load spike. Most often my peak values for any game come from the moment of launch, not the gameplay. I have no programming knowledge and can't tell you why things are this way, but unfortunately it seems to be normal. Having the fans on the H110i pump block may spare you from the revving up and down. Win 10 ignores my Asus fan delay settings when the fan is linked to CPU temperature, regardless of header. My H110 fans react to each and every one of these spikes.

I am using AIDA64 to monitor system information and its line graphs make it easy to tell what has happened and when, without starting at it the whole time. You can try the free trial version or keep a small core temp gauge up and monitor when you launch programs or perform system tasks. I suspect your spikes come from the same kinds of things. Your game temps seem maybe 5C or so too warm, but again peak values can be misinterpreted and I don't know what case you have, where the radiator is, or what kind of GPU heat is in the mix.

atm test this h110i against my noctua nh-d15s, but atm no difference, only alot of loud... my temp not drop alot ( like 1°C) and i think in the end wont spend this 140€ for make this update...in my head i think the aio cooler give some improvement, but my idea fail...same temp with alot of loud

You need to be careful how you compare. Your peak temperatures are always going to be the result of your voltage in this scenario. If you want lower peak temps, turn down your voltage, although under the circumstances I am not sure it matters. The spiky desktop temps will be the same either way. If you want to give a fair evaluation, you need to take more accurate measurements, use the average core temps over a period of time, and figure out where your spikes are occurring. If you want to run an air tower, that's fine. It should only matter if you intend to overclock into the last 15% of your capability, although a water system will give you cooler average CPU temps in the Summer months.

Archived