Corsair Community

RM 1000x and i

Amphok

aren't in theory 8 pin, capable of delivering more than 150w?

The single connection into the PSU can only supply 300 W in total, so if you connect 2 GPUs to one cable each GPU should be < 150 watts.

The RM1000i has 8 x PCIe 2+6 CPU 4+4 outputs so you can easily connect 7 x GTX 1070. How many GPUs do you wish to connect?

ok tnx for support, i want to ask can i see the wattage only of my psu with the 1000x version? or i need the 1000i version?

For Corsair Link to report any PSU information you need the i version such as the RM1000i.

Looking at http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/rmi-series-rm1000i-1000-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu-uk you will see Corsair Link Integration for monitoring performance and adjustment of fan speed and multi-rail/single rail mode, but http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/rmx-series-rm1000x-1000-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu-uk does not state this.

Each GPU can be more than 150w, you need to factor the 75w pciexpress provides, so less than 225w per GPU.

Misleasing, I have 4 x GTX 980 and only one gets 75 watts from the PCIe slot and the other three only get 25 watts.

Each GPU can be more than 150w, you need to factor the 75w pciexpress provides, so less than 225w per GPU.

actually each gpu will take less than 150w from those cables(pci-e), exactly because 25w come from the MB for x1 slot and 75w from the x16 slow

so from the pci cables only 125w are needed

Short answer: Yes

You can run a single wire to two (2x) GTX 1070 cards. However, with a PSU as powerful as the RM1000i and having six (6x) total PCI-E ports, I would highly recommend just using two separate cables. Individual cables are more aesthetically pleasing than a single daisy chain cable connected to two cards.

At least in my opinion anyways.

the gpu will be the 1070 g1 gaming, it come with one 8 pin only

aren't in theory 8 pin, capable of delivering more than 150w?

first off, there is no problem using a cable with 2x 2+6 PCI-E connectors on two cards. it will work just fine. especially on single rail PSUs like the RMx line

second, both 6 pin and 8 pin PCI-E cables can provide the same amount of power. the extra two cables on the 8 pin are actually ground wires. so once again, they are NOT live cables and only there for safety. it's up to the graphic card to detect whether you plugged in a 6 or 8 pin cable and draw the appropriate amount of power.

Short answer: Yes

You can run a single wire to two (2x) GTX 1070 cards. However, with a PSU as powerful as the RM1000i and having six (6x) total PCI-E ports, I would highly recommend just using two separate cables. Individual cables are more aesthetically pleasing than a single daisy chain cable connected to two cards.

At least in my opinion anyways.

this would force me to buy 3 additional cable and waste money for nothing, not really a great idea imho

• 2 weeks later...
this would force me to buy 3 additional cable and waste money for nothing, not really a great idea imho

why would you buy 3 additional cables?

You have 4 independent PCI-E 8Pin cables, the GTX 1070 G1 use 1x 8Pin, so you only need to use 2 cables for your GPU setup.

Archived