Corsair Community

Mouse Jitter, Help please

joshuhwha

I read a thread here where a guy had a problem kinda like this. I watched his video. and there was a PM sent to him for more info. Well, Here is my thread. It started happening the other day. I uninstalled driver. Re downladed. Everything, Twice. And its still happening. On default tho, it almost seems like its worse? If i turn down my auto setting with the middle button "changes to red color". not sure what the settings are for that, its still there.. but much harder to tell, because it moves SO slow. Which i can not use the mouse on such low settings.

Okay i just looked its the 800 by 800 dpi default profile thing. I usually have it set to the "Yellow" one, which is where i have everything I want saved with. Which is 6000 6000

[ /url]

It wouldn't let me upload the video, so i put it on Youtube. I not a Tuber, so its not a ploy to get views. Just want help to fix this issue so im desperate.

ok so this video, at start i have it set to the 6000 6000 default setting on mouse. After i add the trails i turn the DPI up as u can see it gets worse, and then i turn the mouse speed up an it gets really bad. and at the end, when i go to put it back u see how on the "line" for speed, it jumps back n forth?

[ame]

[/ame]

• Corsair Employee

Hello joshuhwha,

My apologies for the delayed response. I am currently working with our validation team to find out the cause of this.

Is the mouse currently plugged into an Intel USB port and not a 3rd party like Asmedia?

Also, do you know if different surface will make it worst?

Yeah I have tried with that enabled and disabled. Also with Enhance pointer precision enabled and disabled.

Software version is 1.16.42

I have clicked update firmware and even did the force update. Says Version 2.03 and bootloader version 0.02

• Corsair Employee

It looks like a faulty unit. We tried to replicate the issue here in our lab and the cursor movement is smooth. We also enabled the trailing and moving it diagonal and did not create the step pattern. Submit a RMA and have this unit replaced.

If you have another PC, try plugging it in and see if it behaves the same.

It looks like a faulty unit. We tried to replicate the issue here in our lab and the cursor movement is smooth. We also enabled the trailing and moving it diagonal and did not create the step pattern. Submit a RMA and have this unit replaced.

If you have another PC, try plugging it in and see if it behaves the same.

Okay. Yeah, I tried it on 2 laptops and same thing happened. Thanks for your help! I'll do that Tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a scimitar and immediately noticed the tracking issue. Like a lag/jitter that occurs every few seconds, especially when polling rate is set to 1000hz. This never occured on my razer naga. And it continued even after CUE was closed. I wasnt sure if my unit was defective or if they are all like that. So i purchased a 2nd scimitar to compare. Both had the same problem.

I seem to have fixed the issue today by going onto the asus website and updating my USB driver to the latest version. As the one included on the disk the Motherboard comes with isnt the latest. If your problem persists you may want to try that if you havent already.

My Motherboard is an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero btw.

Edit: My mouse's firmware was updated to the latest for both. It did not fix it.

Archived