Corsair Community

Unnecessary Process?

Xiltyn

So maybe I misread something but when I decided to go with a corsair keyboard and mouse a part of that decision was that I had thought that the current profile was actually loaded onto the peripherals themselves. That CUE was effectively just a programing interface for them.

In any case I've noticed something recently. When I am first starting up my computer the CUE basic profile appears to be what is loaded up with the peripherals as start up instead of the last profile I was using and that after that the last profile is loaded. I have a rather fast machine (cold start up times of less than 20 seconds) so even before it's completely started up I usually am already using the mouse to open something such as a browser. This movement of the mouse interferes with the loading of the last used profile for the mouse which basically makes that profile not load 99% of the time. Now if I just don't touch anything for about a minute then it will be loaded and operate exactly as I'd set the profile to operate.

So my point here is

#1 If there is no profile storage on the devices there should be as these are 'gaming peripherals' as far as how Corsair is advertising them. (I'll touch base on the reason for that in a minute).

#2 If there is storage on the peripherals of the profile then Cue shouldn't be touching the loaded profile unless the user instructs it to do so and the start up process is entirely unnecessary.

Why peripheral profile loading for gaming peripherals:

#1 A part of many games 'cheat detection' includes peripheral software layer detection and while using a macro profile like what is available in CUE is not always considered a cheat it will quite often trigger such detection coding.

#2 Gaming is all about the milliseconds. The difference in time for input to command processing is affected when there is another layer of software between the input device and the program the input is being sent to, then again when you are talking about an online game from the game software on ones computer to the game servers. This is why 'hard core' gamers go with peripherals that do NOT use a layer of software for coded buttons but instead a 'programing interface' that all it does is 'program' the peripheral buttons them self.

Now lets say that I was originally correct that the profiles are loaded onto the peripherals and that the start up process is something that I can turn off but just haven't seen that option. Where in the CUE settings would that be so that I can turn it off?

So I was wrong in my original assessment.... that is too bad. Guess these will be the last corsair peripherals I buy. I'd just go back to what I replaced with but gave those to my son when I built him a new machine a couple weeks ago. Oh well... ebay these and get what I was using before.

So I was wrong in my original assessment.... that is too bad. Guess these will be the last corsair peripherals I buy. I'd just go back to what I replaced with but gave those to my son when I built him a new machine a couple weeks ago. Oh well... ebay these and get what I was using before.

Lol i dont think you understand how these things work. Everyone is going for software based macros. What were you using before that was "hard core gamer" approved?

There are no peripherals on the market that can do what you're asking for. If you don't want to run CUE, you can try my software. Otherwise, good luck finding another set of peripherals that have the quality these ones do.

Yes actually there are. I'm not going to be rude to Corsair and list them is the only reason I did not state what I had been using before. Thanks though.

Lol i dont think you understand how these things work. Everyone is going for software based macros. What were you using before that was "hard core gamer" approved?

Actually I do quite well. See my above post in regards to listing other manufacturers products on Corsairs forums. Bad form.

I greatly enjoy the other corsair products that I use in my rig and actually for the most part like these but lacking that one function is a turn off for me. (What brought it to my attention even was wanting to go into my bios to make a couple of changes after some other rig changes and not being able to without plugging in a second keyboard ~ HUGE TURN OFF FOR ME)

Notice I've not tried to talk bad on corsair in any of this post. If anything more was talked bad on myself for not doing more research into the function of these before I decided to go with them. I made an assumption and paid the price for it. My fault not corsairs.

I would be curious what other keyboards allow you to have lighting effect animations running without any software running on the computer it's plugged into. Can you PM me?

oh the others I was using didn't have lighting effects. don't know if anyone has those available or not. my bad didn't mean to be misleading on that part

oh the others I was using didn't have lighting effects. don't know if anyone has those available or not. my bad didn't mean to be misleading on that part

ohhhh, well i just wanted to know so i could tell Corsair to look in to it. But yea sure if you go non RGB there are plenty of options.

Archived