Corsair Community

Bad Ram Stick

fast1marine

i've been having problems with my computer for a while and never attriebuted it to my memory. Then i built a new system but kept the old memory and when it still didn't work i decided to try to put the sticks in one at a time and i couldn't even boot with one of my sticks in so whatever i need to do to get this replaced would be appreciated.

Eric

• Corsair Employee

I would suggest we replace both modules so they match with this MB.

Please follow the directions under "I think I have a bad module" under this forum or if you have trouble, Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

• Corsair Employee
Well you are welcome to do as you wish, but this MB will not run with modules that are not exactly matched both in part# and revision. In other words if you replace just one module you may very likely have the same issue. And I am sorry we cannot order a module by revision.

• Corsair Employee

NO Not at all! Memory is ever changing, and MB's now will not always allow you to mix memory. In other words a module that is Rev 1.1 XMS3200C2 and one that is XMS3200C2 Rev 3.1 would be tested to the same spec but they would have different SPD settings because of the different IC used to make that module. But some MB's will not allow you to mix memory. If we could build a module and never have to make changes we would but we are at the mercy of IC makers and they continually refine their process and in doing so will some times change the properties of a given IC.

Bottom Line if you have 2 modules, I would suggest you submit both modules so the new modules match.

ok well i know i bought two of the same memory sticks or atleast as far as i know i did if i got the part numbers and what not off the RAM that's in my computer and is working and i shipped you the faulty one could you replace it so it would work with the one i currently have in my computer.

• Corsair Employee

Please talk to either your reseller if they sold you 2 modules that were not a matched pair. Or you are welcome to ask our customer service, I am sure they will do their best to help you get this resolved.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived