Corsair Community

Void USB mic USB vs Wireless?

Shiftyshadow

I know the mic for the Void has always been a bit lacking for some people and for awhile it bothered me but the rest of the headset for me makes up in comfort and sound. Recently my girlfriend was looking for a wireless headset with a mic and having bought a wired Void back in January I recommended the wireless version to her. When setting hers up and testing it I realized how the mic is night and day compared to my wired version. On mine at max I can still barely hear myself with the side tone and I even bent the mic to match how the other one came out of the box. The closest I can come is basically with the mic in my mouth. Is the difference in mic quality due to the USB version firmware being so far behind the wireless or has corsair did a minor hardware change to add a better mic? We are both running windows 10 and my headset is at 0.12 firmware for USB and hers is whatever the most up-to-date version is for the wireless.

I just tested it on my system and sounds just like it does on her system. I can clearly hear myself with the sidetone on while on my wired headset the most I get is when I breath on the mic. My headset mic works but it is no where near the wireless one.

Archived