Corsair Community

How to do color change during key combinations?

humblerumble

Hello,

I own since a few weeks a K65 RGB. Really nice piece of hardware. :biggrin:

Now I am trying to familiarize myself with the RGB color programming.

What I am trying to do is to adapt the color changes for key combinations. Example: Lets imagine you want to copy&paste using CTRL+C and then CTRL+V.

What I am aiming for:

- all keys are illuminated, e.g. white

- press CTRL: the CTRL key and X, C, V are changing to another (the same) color.

- press X, C or V: the lightning changes back to white

Is such a thing possible and if yes, how?

You can accomplish certain tasks with multiple profiles/modes but it can only be assigned to one key at the moment. So it may not exactly accomplish the feature you're looking for.

Create two different modes or profiles.

One is default, one is while modifier key is pressed.

Assign CTRL to perform the mode/profile switch 'while pressed'

Assign the desired lighting on both profiles/modes then observe for response when pressing CTRL.

• 3 months later...
You can accomplish certain tasks with multiple profiles/modes but it can only be assigned to one key at the moment. So it may not exactly accomplish the feature you're looking for.

Create two different modes or profiles.

One is default, one is while modifier key is pressed.

Assign CTRL to perform the mode/profile switch 'while pressed'

Assign the desired lighting on both profiles/modes then observe for response when pressing CTRL.

Unfortunately, this would not work, because assigning profile change to a modifier key will disable the actual modifier key from working. For example, Ctrl-P just outputs a "P", if you bind CTRL to switch the color profile while being pressed.

Dozens of people have been requesting and asking about this feature, but as far as I understand, it is not possible with CUE(2). (CUE2 is the first CUE I've tried, as I'm a new Corsair keyboard customer).