Corsair Community

K65 - Is there a way to decrease the keystroke sensitivity?

Omarius Prime

Hello everyone,

I just bought the K65 strafe keyboard and would like to know if there is a way to decrease the sensitivity of the keystrokes. The employee at Best Buy told me that it is possible. I installed the software and could not see that option.

Thank you for your assistance.

What I meant about keystrokes is: when the button actually gets pressed. I'm used to membrane keyboards where you have to press the button all the way down to register, but after a day's use of this keyboard i think I'm already starting to get used to this sensitivity.

Thank you.

No, you were lead astray. Mechanical keyboards have a key actuation distance. For most Corsair keyboards (and others) this is 2.0mm. How much force it takes to imitate that key press is something different. The "Brown" Cherry Keys have the most at 55g and you will feel a little resistance in the middle. The "Red" type keys are linear, 45g actuation force, and by comparison to brown go down smooth and easy. If you picked up one of the Speed/Rapid Fire keyboards, the actuation distance is only 1.2mm. The key will register almost the instant you place your finger on it. That can be a little disconcerting until you re-train yourself.

You didn't mention which key type you selected. If you wound up with a Rapid Fire board, I am not surprised if you are having difficulty. I am typing on a K70 Speed now and even at two weeks I am still coming to terms after 6 years on Cherry Brown.

Regardless, all of these things are mechanical in nature and specific to each board. You cannot change them. You can buy two and agonize for a few weeks about which you prefer, although I have to say I don't know if I have come to a resolution.

Archived