Corsair Community

Corsair Katar & VOID Headset Problems: Software or Hardware Fault?

hello, i was hoping to get some feedback before i return some products for replacement to the store i purchased from.

Purchased a very nice keyboard: Corsair K65 LUX RGB Compact Mechanical. and its working perfectly, very happy with this item. :loveeyes:

the other items i purchased have been problematic and wanted to ask if these issues are hardware or software issues. i have tried reinstalling the firmware on these items and even tried using different USB ports.

First is the Corsair Katar Mouse, which has the problem when using the scroll wheel it periodically jumps in the opposite direction that its supposed to go. it is very frustrating after a while. had looked up other forum threads and found the same issue on a different corsair mouse products from a few years back. is the product faulty or is this software related?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=126727

The second item is the Corsair VOID 7.1 USB Gaming Headset. every time i turn my computer on i have to unplug and reconnect the headset usb otherwise the mic and sound do not work properly.. mic makes me sound like a robot and the output sounds like an echo. problem gets resolved after i reconnect but i have to do that every day. identical problem found in this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149778

should i return products for replacement? they are only 1 week old but i am unsure if they are hardware faults or software issues?

please help :(:

The mouse is most likely faulty. The scroll wheel issue was only present on the original/first M90/M60 only.

Try the headset on another computer and a different USB port. Does it work fine?

Latest Windows updates, chipset drivers, BIOS etc?

The mouse is most likely faulty. The scroll wheel issue was only present on the original/first M90/M60 only.

Try the headset on another computer and a different USB port. Does it work fine?

Latest Windows updates, chipset drivers, BIOS etc?

i dont have a 2nd computer to test it on. but my pc is only 18 months old.. all drivers/bios/windows are up to date. i have already tried the headset on a different USB. i even tried it on the USB pass-through for the k65 keyboard.

since the items are only 1 week old should i return them both to the store for replacements?

thanks for your help

Considering you are going to the same store to replace the mouse, might as well replace the headset along with it.

May actually resolve the issue if it is headset related.

OK so i returned both mouse and headset for a replacement.. and wouldn't you know it, the same problems again.. this is getting on my nerves.. corsair tech support wont reply to my mail, and only 1 person has responded to my forum inquiries.

again i wonder, are these software/firmware related issues or are these products all defective..

what should i do? i really like the products but am at a loss to explain what the cause of the problem is. i don't want to annoy my local retail store if the problem can be resolved with firmware updates.. :mad:

July 4 was a public holiday for Corsair, you should expect a reply to your ticket soon. If not, you can call technical support using Skype by calling their toll free number.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware for the headset by force flashing it via CUE? Does it help with anything?

What motherboard are you using?

July 4 was a public holiday for Corsair, you should expect a reply to your ticket soon. If not, you can call technical support using Skype by calling their toll free number.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware for the headset by force flashing it via CUE? Does it help with anything?

What motherboard are you using?

yes, i had tried multiple times to reflash the firmware.. same issues occur for mouse and headset. while the headset issue is annoying, it can at least be resolved by reconnecting ever day.. its the mouse that's getting on my nerves, try playing a game and have the scroll wheel snap back in opposite direction from time to time. drives me nuts :shootme:

i7 4790k, MSI Z97m (MS-7919), MSI GTX 980, corsair 16gb ram, Win 7pro 64bit

i appreciate you trying to help Toasted :o: i just wish there was some sort of acknowledgment from corsair about the issues and some sort of fix in the pipeline :[pouts:

Archived