Corsair Community

fcorazao

Hello!

I have a H110i GT and it works great with CL, no problem so far. The thing is, next week I'm getting some led strips I ordered before my previous MOBO crapped out. That one had special ports tu plug the led strips and this one doesn't, so now I'm looking at the Corsair Link Lighting Node because I really want to control the leds from software.

My question is: Can I use CL to control both the H110i GT and the Lighting Node? Will it recognize both?

Keep in mind that the H110i GT does not have the extra port for CL, it only has one USB cable that goes to a USB port on the MOBO, so the Lighting Node would just go on another USB port.

Thank you for your time!

Fred

1. CL4 could control both the H110iGT + Lighting Node.
  2. The Lighting Node can only be C-Link connected.
  3. The H110iGT does not have a C-Link port to connect a Lighting Node to.
  4. The Lighting Node has not been available for about a year, though they popup on eBay once in a while.
  5. Currently the CL Mini is the only option you can buy that will control LEDs.

1. CL4 could control both the H110iGT + Lighting Node.
  2. The Lighting Node can only be C-Link connected.
  3. The H110iGT does not have a C-Link port to connect a Lighting Node to.
  4. The Lighting Node has not been available for about a year, though they popup on eBay once in a while.
  5. Currently the CL Mini is the only option you can buy that will control LEDs.

Thank you for the reply!

So, just to be sure I'm getting this right...

1. Lighting Node is out of the question since it doesn't exist anymore.
  2. Is CL Mini the Corsair Commander Mini?
  3. If I do get a CL Mini and I plug it to USB port 1 and I have the H110iGT in USB port 2, Link will control everything?

Sorry to ask again, I just don't want to pay $50+ for the Comander Mini and not be able to use it...

Thank you for your help!

Fred

1. Correct
  2. Yes, CL Mini or CLCC both refer to http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-commander-mini
  3. CL4 should control both and it did on my system.
  4. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 if you don't have enough USB 2 headers.

Thank you very much for your reply and all the details!

1. Perfect! Good to know!
  2. That's A LOT of sensors lol. Also, nice system!
  3. I don't think I really need more than 2 pots, but thanks for the info!!!

Again, thank you very much for solving all my doubts. I searched the web for at least an hour with no success.

Fred

1. That's A LOT of sensors lol.
  2. I searched the web for at least an hour with no success.

1. I don't usually have that much connected, only when I am testing my SIV utility or checking if any CL4 bugs have been fixed.
  2. I am not surprised at all. The Corsair documentation is rather limited and at least two years out of date.
  3. I mentioned this in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790272 12 months ago and nothing has been updated.

Archived