Corsair Community

Keyboard/CUE? crashing mumble,steam and cue itself

MagmaticWolf

Ok, So I have had problems since I got this keyboard and I've just dealt with them but they have reached an annoyance level that I can't take anymore. I will list a few of the issues I am having.

-Steam is super glitchy sometimes. If I have been on my computer for a while and I have to restart steam for any reason my steam will sometimes not load again. sometimes I can leave it sit for 5 minutes and it will and other times it crashes completely with steam bootstrapper not responding. I also have a steam link which does not work at all when this stuff starts happening.

-similar to steam my cue software sometimes just wont load up. if I let it sit for minute it sometimes comes up. then when it does for some reason I cant click on some of the programs features such as profile switching.

-Keyboard hangs for half a second. my rainbow effect skips for just a second and then never does it again. When this happens I notice my Caps/Num/Scroll lock lights are stuck on whatever on/off they happened to be on. They still function just fine. I can turn them all on and off but the led does not change to show that they are on and off.

-Mumble...This is the weirdest one I think. This goes along with the above description of the LEDs from the lock keys. When that happens my mumble is unusable. When I load up mumble I get this terrible mouse lag for about 10 seconds and then it stops.(I will post a video of what happens) Then when I get in mumble my push to talk which is caps lock does not register. I have changed it to other keys and none of them register for about 60 seconds then all of a sudden they start working. Mumble is usually fine after all of this until maybe 2-3 hours later when all of a sudden mumble decides not to recognize my keys again. Same thing for about 60 seconds then it goes back to normal.

I would like to mention too that all of these problems are fixed with a computer restart OR unplugging and plugging the keyboard back in. Problems come back everyday within 2-3 hours of use.

Here is the video to the mumble lag. This is not me but this is identical to my problem.[ame=

]
[/ame]

Sorry for the messy rambling post but I am hoping someone can help me. For all I know this could be a PC issue but all these issues I seem to notice after I purchased this keyboard.

I have reinstalled cue and installed my latest USB drivers. I will be borrowing a friends keyboard in the next day or 2 and see if the problem persists but in the meantime maybe someone could figure something out for me.

Thanks guys.

Edited by MagmaticWolf

Not that anyone cares after 100 views and no answers but I figured out the issue.

spamming of the caps lock is causing my indicator leds to freeze and my mumble and crashing issues. I saw people had some similar issues with the k70's.

So because corsair makes such horrible software and firmware for their products I am either forced to use my keyboard differently or buy a new keyboard entirely...

Way to go corsair.

Not that anyone cares after 100 views and no answers but I figured out the issue.

spamming of the caps lock is causing my indicator leds to freeze and my mumble and crashing issues. I saw people had some similar issues with the k70's.

So because corsair makes such horrible software and firmware for their products I am either forced to use my keyboard differently or buy a new keyboard entirely...

Way to go corsair.

Are you trying to get CUE to hold down the caps lock key?

• 9 months later...