Corsair Community

Firmware breaks brand new mouse

Wybrem

Hello,

This is my first time I bought all corsair products and sure as hell is the last time. I updated the firmware of my brand new mouse and it instantly broke, couldn't change colours nothing. Which isn't a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that by default the mouse is in retard mode (yellow, red and blue). I managed to get a older firmware img, however this stupid app keeps asking me to update the firmware.

Is there a option to save color profiles to the mouse itself? --like with Logitech.

Or is there a option to stop this app from whining for updates?.

I'm about to return all of this Corsair crap worth about 700eur and replace it with all Logitech again, I just like Corsair's design better, however the headset sounds like crap as well, my god.

Edit: What's the deal with this stupid yellow, I had to scrape it off the mouse mat.

Pic pc and corsair stuff that I'll return if we can't fix this.

http://puu.sh/pLmmj/8a41a12a4a.jpg

by default the mouse is in retard mode (yellow, red and blue).

I am not aware of a scientific link between that color scheme and that human condition. There are multiple ways to turn off the device lighting and they are clearly marked in the Device panel. That may save you the torment until you resolve the issue. Most people are able to resolve firmware glitches by re-loading the firmware.

Is there a option to save color profiles to the mouse itself? --like with Logitech.

Within the application, Profile Tab, Profile drop down menu, it is marked save profile to device memory. Like most LED controlled devices, the software must be active for advanced lighting control/displays.

I just like Corsair's design better, however the headset sounds like crap as well, my god.

You might want to listen to a G930 before making a decision. Sound quality is subjective and the demands of listening to music are substantially higher than gaming. If you need both from unit, you may wish to look at one of the dozens guides out there reviewing nearly every headphone in existence and then decide how much you are willing to pay.

Thank you this actually helped me. I was very frustrated about the colors going back to well disco mode than. I had the Corsair Vengeance 2100 before and I think that sounded better as well, before that G35 / wireless version as well.

Edit can't save default colors to headset it seems.

Archived