Corsair Community

Can I install multiple corsair hydro coolers in one system?

BigSparks

Hi All,

I have a H100i V2 cooling my cpu and would like to install another one to cool my Titan x using a HG10 N980 hybrid cooler. I want to make sure the Corsair Link software will allow more than one unit before I spend the money.

I'd be very grateful for any help/ideas.

CL4 will report multiple different coolers as you can see from what it reported on my system where it reported H110iGT + H100i + H80iGT.

My concern is what will happen with 2 x H100iV2 as they will both same the same USB serial number of 7289_2.0 so are not compliant with the USB specification. I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746122 about this and suspect it will be OK if you edit the registry IgnoreHWSerNum flag I specified.

Given you have a 750D were I making the decision I would use a H110i for the CPU and use the H100iV2 for the GPU to avoid any possible issues with two identical (same USB VID + PID + REV) USB devices having the same serial number.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25771&stc=1&d=1467279787

491085284_AllH100iV2haveaserialnumberof7289_2.0.png.460c96858f63eda27be8bf07d1323f4b.png

You did, and I thought why not get the biggest one if the only stipulation is that they must be different models within the same range. I've received and installed my H115i in place of the H100i V2 and couldn't be happier. It's noisy in performance mode but very effective. You clearly know your stuff so I hope I don't encounter problems down the line and have regrets, but for now, all is well.

Should receive my hg10 bracket tomorrow and will connect it to the H100i V2 immediately:biggrin:. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for being so helpful, much appreciated.

I would do the same as regards intake and exhaust, but would be inclined to have the 280mm radiator in the top of the case and use it to cool the CPU as it will be getting hotter air than the front mounted 240mm radiator.

That said I have never H2O cooled a GPU, so others may think otherwise.

My intention is to install the larger radiator in the front as an intake to ensure the gpu benefits from the coolest air, and the smaller one at the top as an exhaust. What do you think?

There isn't going to be any cool air coming from the front, regardless of which cooler you place in that position. Both the CPU and GPU heat will be processed through one or the other and it is constant. You won't need or benefit from direct cooling on the GPU and the radiator is going to disrupt and kind of focused flow from its fans.

Hose length or physical location may force one choice or the other, but I would agree with Ray and try for the 280mm in the roof hooked into the CPU. It's load is a little more omnipresent, whereas the GPU load is going to be task specific and gets a little more down time. Hopefully that will keep the internal ambient temps down a little bit more. The Titan may certainly pull more watts that your CPU, although I can't be sure without knowing the overclock settings. Either way, most people can get by on a hybrid cooling system with a single radiator, so I am not worried about the H100iV2's ability to handle the GPU.

Now if there is a physical reason to use one cooler or the other in a specific position, by all means do so. If the 280mm is a natural fit for the front because of fan spacing, mounting flanges or whatever, then I might make that compromise. It's hard to be very specific without owning the case.

I meant cool air upon the radiator serving the gpu which I would prioritize. You do make a good point about the constant load upon the cpu and sporadic load upon the gpu.

Also, the cooling block on the gpu will be mounted directly on the silicon as opposed to the cpu which is thermally impeded by the lid. The H100 should work well.

Thanks lads, I'll go with your suggestion on the layout. Still waiting on the hg10, it has to arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Well, it didn't go to plan. The hoses on the H100i are too short to reach the gpu from the front intake so I ended up buying a H80i V2 for the gpu and using it as an exhaust. Very happy with the results, thank you all for your help along the way.

Archived