Corsair Community

K70 RGB color problem

EnigmaNL

Since the latest firmware update I've been noticing an annoying problem with the lighting on my K70 RGB.

I have a rainbow set up along the keyboard (ROYGBIV) and have type lighting (key) enabled as well. When I type fast on the left side of the keyboard the colors on the right side of the keyboard start to fluctuate. They go from violet to a darker purple and back again. When I disable 16.8m color this problem goes away but so does the difference in color between indigo and violet (and the rainbow effect is ruined).

Is there a solution for this?

No, there is not. Not on the K70 RGB at least, the (flicker) issue you're experiencing happens because of the LED controller in the keyboard. If you want to avoid it you'll have to get one of the new K70 LUX RGB keyboard, those come with a new/updated LED controller (just like the STRAFE RGB) that fixes the issue. It also comes with a USB pass through that had been removed from the original K70 RGB since it required 2 USB cables for power when using USB 2.0 ports (not an issue anymore with the new version, 1 USB 2.0 port is enough now).

Archived