Corsair Community

H100 v2 and hx1000i link

bstefan96

Good day,

I recently assembled my new PC with has a H100 v2 water cooler and a HX1000i PSU. I connected the watercooler to a USB 2.0 hub to be able to monitor the fan speed with Corsair link. The problem is that my mainboard has only 2 USB 2.0 hubs and both are occupied (By the H100 v2 cooler and the front USB connectors of my case). I want to connect my HX1000i PSU aswell to monitor it with corsair link. The issue is that i don't have any USB hubs free. I read that i could connect the PSU with the cooler using the included C link cable but my cooler doesn't seem to have this connector. It only has a mini USB one.

Could it be that only the H100 v1 is able to connect with the C-link cable or am I missing something, since my H100 v2 doesn't have the mentioned connector.

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again.

Just to be clear.

I can not "row" the H100i V2 or the PSU thru the other?

Both need their own USB connection?

The PSU does have a CL digital connector and a USB connector is that digitial connector not for putting other CL devices in a row?

tl:dr

Its not possible to do:

PSU -> H100i V2 -> USB

H100i V2 -> PSU -> USB

yes/no ?

And from the PSU?

And from the PSU to what? What are you on about?

How many times do I have to say the "H100iV2 does not have a C-Link connection"?

If this was possible I would have said it was possible.

You wrote:

No, the H100iV2 is Asetek so does not and cannot have a C-Link connection to the PSU.

A connection to the PSU is not possible.

I then asked if a connection from the PSU is possible.

And from the PSU to what? What are you on about?

How many times do I have to say the "H100iV2 does not have a C-Link connection"?

If this was possible I would have said it was possible.

The H100i V2 does have a Corsair-Link USB connection. Its missing a C-Link digital port.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

On what grounds do not believe what I specify?

I keep saying this will not work and explaining why and you keep asking the same question again and again. At the moment I get the impression you think you know more than I do about what is possible. Do you think this?

If so then I won't waste my time trying to help you.

The H100i V2 does have a Corsair-Link USB connection.

There is no such thing as a "Corsair-Link USB connection". What are you on about?

All the Asetek coolers use SIUSBXP USB and have only one connection to USB. They can only be connected via USB. They can't be C-Link connected.

The CoolIT H100i has a C-Link connection, but the Asetek H100iV2 does not.

The C-Link connection is basically an I2C bus.

You are not stepping on my toes, but rather seem to be asking the same question again and again as you don't understand the answer.

I read the following the other day and feel I know exactly how the tech guy felt!

Tech: What's the problem?

User: There is smoke coming out of the power supply.

Tech: You'll need a new power supply.

User: No, I don't! I just need to change the startup files.

Tech: Sir, the power supply is faulty. You'll need to replace it.

User: No way! Someone told me that I just needed to change the startup and it will fix the problem! All I need is for you to tell me the command.

10 minutes later, the User is still adamant that he is right. The tech is frustrated and fed up.

Tech: Sorry, Sir. We don't normally tell our customers this, but there is an undocumented DOS command that will fix the problem.

User: I knew it!

Tech: Just add the line LOAD NOSMOKE.COM at the end of the CONFIG.SYS. Let me know how it goes.

10 minutes later.

User: It didn't work. The power supply is still smoking.

Tech: Well, what version of DOS are you using?

User: MS-DOS 6.22.

Tech: That's your problem there. That version of DOS didn't come with NOSMOKE. Contact Microsoft and ask them for a patch that will give you the file. Let me know how it goes.

1 hour later.

User: I need a new power supply.

Tech: How did you come to that conclusion?

User: Well, I rang Microsoft and told him about what you said, and he started asking questions about the make of power supply.

Tech: Then what did he say?

User: He told me that my power supply isn't compatible with NOSMOKE.

I don't know if I know more than you.

I certainly do not have the knowledge you have on this topic.

I just went by what the Website provides.

The Website states that the H100i V2 has a Corsair Link connection that you plug into the USB on your mainboard.

How could I possibly know that you mean the I2C bus when writing C-Link?

For the normal user, which I am, C-Link is the Corsair Link which the H100i V2 has via the USB connector.

The I2C connection is branded Corsair Link digital if I put the pieces of information from you and the website together correctly.

The H100i V2 does not posse Corsair Link digital and as such can not be connected to other Corsair Link digital devices. Understood.

Now I don't know if that is possible but cant the USB connection be replaced with the proper plug to be hooked up to a Corsair Link digital connection or would that not work?

The Website states that the H100i V2 has a Corsair Link connection that you plug into the USB on your mainboard.

As you wrote: there is just the connection to your mainboard. You can't connect it to a commander mini and you shouldn't try to connect anything to your PSU.

Your PSU can use C-Link through USB OR C-Link and e.g. a Commander Mini. But not both to the same time!

Now I don't know if that is possible but cant the USB connection be replaced with the proper plug to be hooked up to a Corsair Link digital connection or would that not work?

Won't work.

To me it seems that you are implying what I say is incorrect. I am happy for you do this, but for this to have any credibility you need to specify why I am incorrect. Thus far you have totally failed to do this.

The CoolIT H100i has a C-Link connection, but the Asetek H100iV2 does not.

Given I initially specified as above the implication of this is all your flights of fantasy are impossible.

Is this meant to be a joke? This is like saying "If you put a mains plug onto 12 volt motor and plug it into the mains will it work?".

I will finish with a simple question:

Do you think I am intentionally trying to mislead you?

The only logical explanation for your posts is that I am.

You failed to specify the URL so this is nothing more than an Urban Myth.

How could I possibly know that you mean the I2C bus when writing C-Link?

For the normal user, which I am, C-Link is the Corsair Link which the H100i V2 has via the USB connector.

You would read and understand http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=663107.

When I write C-Link this is short for C-Link digital port which is an I2C bus. It does not mean I2C bus. From this initial post and my reply this is obvious.

You are not a "normal user". Most do not imply what you imply.

At the moment I get the impression you think you know more than I do about what is possible. Do you think this?

I don't know if I know more than you.

I certainly do not have the knowledge you have on this topic.

I did not ask about overall knowledge, but only about what is possible in terms on CL hardware connectivity. I feel you need to actually read what I specify.

I currently wonder why I bothered to help you at all.

What you wish to do will not work, stop being a *****!

Archived