Corsair Community

Corsair Link and Logitech Mouse M510 Problem?

Ken429

I have two almost identical machines running W10 and using the Wireless Logitech M510 Mouse. The only difference is one system is using the "old" H100 cooler and the other had the H100i cooler installed. For some reason the system with the H100i and the Link Software started to have a problem with the mouse pointer when waking up from sleep mode. I uninstalled the H100i all the Link software but the problem remains. (If I double click on a desktop Icon the pointer magically reappears or I can log off and log on and the mouse returns to normal!) When I look in the registry I see fragments of stuff left behind by the Link software. I can manually delete all the references to Corsair in the registry and hope it doesn't screw up the system but I doubt that will fix the problem OR has this problem been identified by others and hopefully figured out what got messed up? I have tried several other USB mice and the issue does not exist. I have also tried another M510 mouse that works correctly on another system and the problem is still there. Help appreciated.

Which H100i do you have? H110i, H100iGTX or H100iV2? You specs say H100iGTX.

I recall there are issues with the H100iGTX when some systems wake from sleep. If you unplug the H100iGTX USB cable what happens?

I would be inclined to uninstall any ghost devices, see http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/504/how-to-uninstall-hidden-devices-drivers-and-services/ for how to do this.

Since I'm not getting a lot of action with my problem I suppose I'll have to do the usual - reinstall a fresh copy of W10!

At this point the mouse pointer for the Logitech M510 is always missing when the computer wakes up from sleep state. CTL+ALT+DELETE and then ESCAPE makes the mouse pointer appear every time. When I'm using a standard USB mouse the system will only wake up from sleep state when I press a key on the keyboard BUT the mouse pointer is always there!

For whatever it's worth, I downloaded and re-installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software and the problem went away, at least for now! I don't know how the H100i GTX Link Software could have effected the mouse driver but....who knows?

Wrong again, problem became less frequent after re-installing Mouse and KB drivers but still remains after sleeping over night. I guess I have to apologize for accusing Corsair Link of causing the problem! Many others have posted similar W10 mouse issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-mouse-cursor-disappears-after-waking-up/671fa303-5b58-4857-8ac1-463c318d4fea?auth=1

Archived