Corsair Community

K65 Lights Keep Freezing

Ignition

Hi guys,

Brand new K65 LUX RGB from best buy. The lights freeze periodically, I'd say a few times an hour, and I have to exit and restart CUE to get them going again.

The only threads or posts I could find were all from 2014-2015, so I assume for most people it has been fixed.

Any suggestions? It is incredibly annoying on a $100 keyboard that I really like otherwise... don't want to have to return it.

I have tried only having one usb plugged in, both, CUE is up to date, latest firmware, etc.... lights just keep freezing.

Just wanted to update this thread and say that after updating my radeon graphics drivers to the latest version (16.5 something) the problem seems to have gone away. May just be getting lucky, not sure, but for anyone having this issue try updating your graphics card drivers. I haven't noticed the lights freezing at all since then.

Peace

Yeah I thought that was weird too... and actually it froze again for the first time today while I was playing Overwatch. I wonder if my cpu not being that good has something to do with it? Only seems to freeze in high-stress situations on cpu.

Archived