Corsair Community

Info about Corsair h115i

magma82

Hi all, i have a i7 6700k, and the cooler is a noctua nh-d15. About temp on oc any difference with my fans? I have 2 nf-a14 pwm, can i replace the h115i fans? ( i read are a bit loud ). Anyone have a i7 6700 with 4,4 - 4,5 ghz with h115i? Can you show temp under ibt? Thanks

Sorry for not a good english :D

If you replace the fans, keep the originals. You'd need to send them in with the cooler if you ever need it replaced.

i have already noctua nf-a14 so isent a good idea repleace fans with noctua? About nh-d15 vs h115i...it's a good idea change it for a Aio cooler?

It was a friendly reminder not to throw away the included stock fans. You are free to use other fans, if you wish. The A14 PWM model does work with the H115i control system. It shouldn't take more than a moment to Google up some test data for an H115i from a third party review site. The D15 is an extremely popular air tower and probably the flagship of that type. However, water is by far a better conductor than air and there are definite gains to be had. You may be able to find very specific results in the various overclock forums, if a H115i review doesn't illustrate the differences.

Hi all, i have a i7 6700k, and the cooler is a noctua nh-d15. About temp on oc any difference with my fans? I have 2 nf-a14 pwm, can i replace the h115i fans? ( i read are a bit loud ). Anyone have a i7 6700 with 4,4 - 4,5 ghz with h115i? Can you show temp under ibt? Thanks

Hello,

I am using the H115i with two Corsair SP140 Blue LED fans rather than the stock fans. My fans are placed on the underside of the radiator and blowing air out the top of the case. All of my case fans are connected to my motherboard rather than the pump and I am using a custom fan curve in AISuite.

I keep my pump RPMS set to 100% but all my system fans(radiator included) were sitting at about 55% with these temps. This test was performed in XTU on a 10 minute stress test. These temps could potentially get lower, but I am still waiting on my GTX 1080 to arrive so I have the CPU's graphics enabled atm. I keep my room at 74F.

Temps.thumb.PNG.3adaf7d3cec8e50838798692654aef25.PNG

Hello,

I am using the H115i with two Corsair SP140 Blue LED fans rather than the stock fans. My fans are placed on the underside of the radiator and blowing air out the top of the case. All of my case fans are connected to my motherboard rather than the pump and I am using a custom fan curve in AISuite.

I keep my pump RPMS set to 100% but all my system fans(radiator included) were sitting at about 55% with these temps. This test was performed in XTU on a 10 minute stress test. These temps could potentially get lower, but I am still waiting on my GTX 1080 to arrive so I have the CPU's graphics enabled atm. I keep my room at 74F.

xtu isent the top for stess the cpu...try ibt :D anyway thanks for info :D

xtu isent the top for stess the cpu...try ibt :D anyway thanks for info :D

While this holds true, the 6700k is certainly more of a mainstreaming gaming core i7 rather than any of the 6-10 core chips intel has to offer. With that said, the typical 6700k user shouldn't see their temps ever get much higher than what XTU stresses when gaming or streaming 4K. The hottest I've seen my 6700k under load is when I play Ark with all settings maxed, and they never break 51C. I can't think of any real world scenario where you could push a 6700k to the stress of IBT, the programs you're using would likely be bottlenecked by the lack of cores/threads.

What do you plan on using your 6700k for? In the mean time I attempted to run IBT and I get an error stating my CPU is unsupported. Most likely its because I'm on Windows 10, but the software has not been updated since 2012.

I have the H115i with a overclocked 6600k (similar to the 6700k). On something like IBT, I will be in the high 70's. Same thing with Prime95.

Any test that uses AVX instructions will make Skylake run hot and there's not much you can do about it. Considering how stressful those tests are, I am fine with high 70's. On AIDA64 (which doesn't use AVX) I get high 50's. In any normal everyday load, I never see over about 50C.

Archived