Corsair Community

H80i v2 Pump setting?

Reclaimed Soul

Hey Guys,

So i recently built a new PC and i have installed the H80i v2 as my CPU cooler.

At the moment i'm just tweaking the Corsair Link fan settings and i wanted to ask as to what pump setting should i use?, out of the two settings of quiet or performance i have not noticed any difference with regard to cooling or noise but the Pump RPM graph does shoot up when i hit apply.

Is there a setting i should leave it on out of the two?

Thanks

If there's really no difference between the two settings on temp and noise, I would use the quiet setting, less stress on the pump. If, down the line, you find a problem, you can always up it to performance. I've always run my H110i GT on quiet in the past, without a problem.

If there's really no difference between the two settings on temp and noise, I would use the quiet setting, less stress on the pump. If, down the line, you find a problem, you can always up it to performance. I've always run my H110i GT on quiet in the past, without a problem.

Hi snapper69,

Thanks for the reply, i'll leave the pump setting on quite and see how i get on.

Thanks

The faster the pump speed, the more trips each unit of water can make from cold plate to radiator fins and back, and thus is it has a higher ability to transport heat out of the system. However, most AIO coolers have a very short run from pump to radiator and back, minimizing gains from pump speed. On larger multi-component custom systems, this can be more important.

Quite a few people have run testing on the larger 240/280mm double radiators with no meaningful difference between settings. The single radiator models have a little less total water volume and in theory should benefit more from pump speed, but I would be surprised if it is more than a 1-2C difference under normal loads. Each case environment is a little different and you can certainly run your own tests and decide, but pump speed will have the least effect on system performance.

Archived