Corsair Community

keyboard differences

Hamdan

Different keycaps, new lighting controller, brighter LEDs... I may be forgetting other design changes right now.

Honestly I'd say get the Lux unless you find an insane deal on the old model. The new lighting controller blows the old one out of the water.

Some people prefer the old keycaps. The new design allows for more light to pass through. Also, the main function of the key always receives the brightest light with the STRAFE keycaps. I agree the font looks less professional and more "Gamer-ish", and that is a deal breaker for some people.

Lets hope that Corsair gets on it and starts selling additional keycap sets. I hope in the future we can choose which keycaps come with our boards. I like the STRAFE caps, but understand they're not everyone's favorite

The new LUX variant also has a USB pass-through (missing from the old model) and it requires only 1 USB cable for the power (at least I believe so ?) be it 2.0 or 3.0.

Lots of peoples got confused and had troubles with the requirement of 2x2.0 ports or 1x3.0 port on the older models.

• 2 weeks later...
Different keycaps, new lighting controller, brighter LEDs... I may be forgetting other design changes right now.

Bigger font and brighter LEDs wont really help imo. Recently I bought Logitech G810 with Romer-G switches and the main difference is INTENSITY of color. I have K70 RGB with transparent MXs and compared to G810, all colors are pale. Brightness is alright.

Another problem is the light bleed and color separation. Every key lights others around, which doesnt really help, when you need to differentiate one key from the another with different color.

I would love if Corsair and Cherry guys could somehow solve this problem, because I dont like Romer-Gs, but they are just superior to MXs in terms of backlight.:(:

EDIT: I have K70 with with original keycaps (smaller font than LUX/RAPIDFIRE verison) and they are grey inside. Are the LUX/RF keycaps more white inside, to catch and pass more light through the top? Thats the 1st thing I would do to improve backlighting.

Archived