Corsair Community

Corsair's GTX 1080 Information?

kingturtle

I noticed the MSI Seahawk 1080 was listed on Newegg at $750-ish, but like the other 1080s it was out of stock on my first check. I went ahead and bookmarked the page hoping both they would restock and the price would come down a bit ($699). Now it's been almost 2 weeks, and the product page has even been pulled from the 1080s listing.

Are you folks going to sell your own version of the MSI 1080 Seahawk, and when? If no, can we get an ETA when will the MSI Seahawk 1080 restock?

Please at least give us a month and not "when it's available" marketing talk. I really want to upgrade my 780 with this version of the 1080, but I don't want to wait till September hitting refresh on Newegg, Amazon, and Corsair's website everyday.

In common with most companies, Corsair, don't normally give out information until they officially anounce it. My understanding is that the 3rd party cards are not yet released, all the ones that I've looked at are listed as Out of Stock.

In common with most companies, Corsair, don't normally give out information until they officially anounce it. My understanding is that the 3rd party cards are not yet released, all the ones that I've looked at are listed as Out of Stock.

They were available which is why I a bit upset of the lack of information from Corsair or MSI on pricing and availability. If you take a look at the link below, there are buyers on Newegg answering questions for the MSI 1080 Seahawk.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127942

In addition, there is a youtube video of a guy doing an unboxing of the MSI 1080 Seahawk which is enough evidence to convince me that they actually put them on sale already. If it was a reviewer, I would understand why he got it first. However, this guy's subscribers numbers don't justify him receiving it early since the marketing/promotion would be minimal.

I feel like every NVIDIA board partner is working with them to keep quite on the low stocks issue that's going on right now. You have NVIDIA now selling the 1080 FE for a higher price, and all of sudden the board partners are having a severe shortage of graphics cards? Just the other day, I saw a bunch of FE graphics card on sale.:roll:

I read somewhere that Nvidia were releasing the FE version first with a 6 to 8 week delay before the 3rd party ones were released, the trouble is I read so much I can't always remember where I see things. However, in the light of your comments, I wonder if that's correct. I want one, but with a holiday looming, I can't afford one, hopefully by the time that I can, they will have come down in price and gne up in stock.

I read somewhere that Nvidia were releasing the FE version first with a 6 to 8 week delay before the 3rd party ones were released, the trouble is I read so much I can't always remember where I see things. However, in the light of your comments, I wonder if that's correct. I want one, but with a holiday looming, I can't afford one, hopefully by the time that I can, they will have come down in price and gne up in stock.

Rumor say the 1080s will be restocked next month, but no estimated numbers on how many are on the way. My guess is that Nvidia wants to see how well the RX 480 will launch at the end of the month, and put enough out to drawn the competition. A lot of folks are complaining about the current pricing on the 3rd party 1070s and 1080s, and talks about running the RX 480 in SLI can be seen more often.

I only hope that the price on the Seahawk 1080 is lower than $750 cause $100 ( MSI Aero is $659) more for an H55+ adapter is stupid expensive. I like how Nvidia said MSRP of $600, and MSI answered with $700.😄

Archived