Corsair Community

Ax1200i not showing in CL4 anymore

Keltik

Hi,

i am running a H110i GTX, ax1200i and the commander mini.

I have my h110i GTX connected directly into the USB header, because Corsair in their wisdom decided that the new coolers shouldn't be connected to a commander mini i bought that was supposed to control everything.

I have all my fans, LEDs and ax1200i connected into the commander mini, which is connected to my other USB 2.0 header on my motherboard.

My ax1200i has the little cable connected to the 'COMMPORT' and its connected to where it says 'Corsair Link Digital' on the commander mini.

Everything shows up in CL4, the commander mini, LEDs, fans, H110i etc.

But the ax1200i does not, it did with older versions of CL3. I've tried different cables, ive tried different commander ports, ive tried everything.

The only thing i haven't tried is plugging it in separately to a USB header, because even though i have a top tier motherboard, i only have 2 internal USB 2 headers.

Any advice on how i can get the ax1200i to show back up in link via the commander mini? it used to work great, now with CL4 it has dissapeared.

CL version 4.2.3.41

Commander mini version 1.1.6

When was it last reported? Is it the CL Mini failing to select it or CL4 failing to detect it? Doing as below should provide some insight.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

When was it last reported? Is it the CL Mini failing to select it or CL4 failing to detect it? Doing as below should provide some insight.

Thanks for your response.

i didn't notice it drop off, i'm pretty sure when i installed CL4 it showed the ax1200i.. i went to check my power usage recently and noticed it doesn't show the ax1200i at all, in devices it is missing.

here is the screenshots you requested, the link status seems to show the ax1200i.

1054191296_linkstatus.thumb.PNG.7414467b33af09fda7d40b447920cbb3.PNG

1539139226_usbBUS.thumb.PNG.22ce84c93337e5f35f8135e821af6c63.PNG

1305546004_USBLINK.thumb.PNG.ffbb5f7f0acb457b200f1f6964a94c42.PNG

There must be an issue. With CL4 4.2.3.41 is it possible to see the AX1200i. So I use currently my AX1200i connected to Corsair Commander Mini (Firmware 1.1.4, I mean. I can't say it exactly currently). But I'm not happy about the cl plug. Maybe it helps for CL, if you replug this cl plug on Commander Mini.

edit: I will post today evening the same screenshots for compare.

i didn't notice it drop off, i'm pretty sure when i installed CL4 it showed the ax1200i.. i went to check my power usage recently and noticed it doesn't show the ax1200i at all, in devices it is missing.

Below I can see SIV reports the AX1200i so can't think why CL4 does not. The other two screen shots are only needed when there are hardware issues, but given [Link Status] reports all your CL hardware you don't have any.

I feel you should contact Corsair via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp as I assume they will be able to explain why and what you need to do to resolve the issue that means CL4 fails to report the AX1200i when SIV can report it. I would be intrigued to know the explanation.

I should close down CL4, delete the log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ and see if the new ones give any insight when CL4 is started.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25712&d=1466565979

Corsair Commander Mini (Firmware 1.1.4, I mean. I can't say it exactly currently). But I'm not happy about the cl plug. Maybe it helps for CL, if you replug this cl plug on Commander Mini.

Were it my CL Mini I would update to the 1.1.06 firmware, but you need to use CL3 to do this which is a total PITA.

Given SIV reports the AX1200i then I don't expect re-plugging will help.

Were it my CL Mini I would update to the 1.1.06 firmware, but you need to use CL3 to do this which is a total PITA.

Given SIV reports the AX1200i then I don't expect re-plugging will help.

This is true, but maybe for one run of CL4 it won't be connected and after the next run, it will be back maybe.

So I had at begin as I recieved my Mini, that CL not showed my AX1200i anymore. It worked with dongle and Mini seperate, but not with Mini alone.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155002

My solution was the reinstallation of CL3.

This is true, but maybe for one run of CL4 it won't be connected and after the next run, it will be back maybe.

So I had at begin as I recieved my Mini, that CL not showed my AX1200i anymore. It worked with dongle and Mini seperate, but not with Mini alone.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155002

My solution was the reinstallation of CL3.

1. I used Google translate, but feel something got lost in translation.
  2. If you post [Link Status] from your system and restate things in English I could comment further. Ideally an itemised list.
  3. I guess [Link Power] would also be good.
  4. My AX1500i + AX760i are both connected via two different CL Minis and both SIV and CL4 always report them both.

My previous text about dongle and mini complication was an abstract. So in first step was my question, if it's possible to use commander mini with ax1200i. The answer was yes, but wasn't able cause CL 3 didn't showed the ax1200i, if it was on commander mini. But CL 3 posted it, if it was connected with the dongle. After a reinstallation of CL 3 it was able to use my AX1200i on my Commander Mini.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25728&d=1466630965

attachment.php?attachmentid=25729&stc=1&d=1466630968

attachment.php?attachmentid=25730&stc=1&d=1466630990

CL 4: 4.2.3.41

Win 10 x64: 10.0.10586

1519489037_siv_510_linkpower.thumb.png.24c5b4a81bb58d3a9b3ff65699c084d1.png

1683911465_siv_510_linkstatus.thumb.png.efbd5616d56f2c21a52c873d6fc7e38c.png

cl4_ax1200i.thumb.png.ef679142920f9471db792382299f3521.png

1. So in first step was my question, if it's possible to use commander mini with ax1200i. The answer was yes.
  2. but wasn't able cause CL 3 didn't showed the ax1200i, if it was on commander mini.
  3. But CL 3 posted it, if it was connected with the dongle.
  4. After a reinstallation of CL 3 it was able to use my AX1200i on my Commander Mini.

1. This is what I expected.
  2. I also expected CL3 would report it when CL Mini connected as CL3 reported my AX1500i.
  3. OK.
  4. I wonder why it started working.
  5. Did you notice the powers don't add up? 172 +28 + 0 = 200 rather than 181 watts. I get similar and posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845101. I suspect this is an AXi firmware issue.
  6. I Don't know what the differences between the 1.1.4 and 1.1.6 firmware are, but I updated all my CL Minis to 1.1.6. I recall with 1.1.5 the temperature probes did not work at all and there are no 1.1.6 firmware release notes.
  7. The retry rate on your AX1200i of 15.0% is far higher than I get on my AX1500i and I wonder if this is down to the different CL Mini firmware versions, then again the sample count is rather small.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25731&stc=1&d=1466663821

1911060668_LinkPowerAX1500i.thumb.png.aff744085e71cfdf4fe79f694f41c374.png

1. This is what I expected.
  2. I also expected CL3 would report it when CL Mini connected as CL3 reported my AX1500i.
  3. OK.
  4. I wonder why it started working.
  5. Did you notice the powers don't add up? 172 +28 + 0 = 200 rather than 181 watts. I get similar and posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845101. I suspect this is an AXi firmware issue.
  6. I Don't know what the differences between the 1.1.4 and 1.1.6 firmware are, but I updated all my CL Minis to 1.1.6. I recall with 1.1.5 the temperature probes did not work at all and there are no 1.1.6 firmware release notes.
  7. The retry rate on your AX1200i of 15.0% is far higher than I get on my AX1500i and I wonder if this is down to the different CL Mini firmware versions, then again the sample count is rather small.

5) No, but I will ask this @bluebeard.

7) What is this retry rate? Is it depending on the running time of SIV?

1. Why did you set all your Limit for OCPs from 31 to 40?

2. I have a second Commander Mini, which currently isn't used on my system. Will there be different results?

1) So I could confirm SIV was reading the correct OCP registers.

2) Does it have the 1.1.6 firmware? The only way to know is to test it. Ideally wait 'till there are >= 500 samples.

5) Corsair should have a "bluebeard" for this section of the forum. There had not been one since 01-Jan-2016 which is rather poor.

7) The rate does not depend on the runtime, but for it to be statistically valid I feel there need to be >= 500 samples.

1. Sometimes when SIV selects or reads one of the AXi PSU PMBus registers either the selected register bank is incorrect or the returned value if obviously incorrect (+12 Volts when it should be +5 Volts).
  2. When this happens SIV counts these and does a retry.
  3. I only see this effect on AXi PSUs and not on HXi or RMi.
  4. As SIV uses the same code to read all three then the retries must be a result of an issue with either the AXi or CL Mini firmware.
  5. The reason that it could be the CL Mini firmware is that the low level AXi protocol is different to the HXi/RMi protocol.
  6. This different protocol is also why SIV can report USB connected HXi/RMi, but not AXi PSUs.
  7. I don't get the issue with my TPG-0650D PSU.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25556&d=1465200131

1) You missunderstand me. It was not a question about how is it readed. I would like to know why you set your OCP from 31 to 40.

2) I don't know the firmware. It's a new one which is in OVP.

5) I have to wait for an answer.

1) You misunderstood my answer. In general setting 31 -> 40 would be inappropriate.

To test the code in SIV was reading the correct PMBus register from the correct bank I need to set a different value in each register. By doing this if SIV reported the same value twice I could tell there was an issue I needed to address. Initially there was an issue which is one of the reasons why I needed to add the sanity check and retry code.

• 4 weeks later...

I should close down CL4, delete the log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ and see if the new ones give any insight when CL4 is started.

been a while since ive been able to take a look at this.

I just deleted all the log filed from here, restarted CL4 and the ax1200i shows up now!

Have to save all my fan curves again, but good to have it back!

Thanks man, much appreciated!

I just deleted all the log filed from here, restarted CL4 and the ax1200i shows up now!

Have to save all my fan curves again

Given you had to re-save the fan curves I suspect you also deleted the profile files, did you?

My best guess is that the profile files were corrupted, but as Corsair encrypt them it's hard to know. I feel encrypting them is an inappropriate design decision.

Given you had to re-save the fan curves I suspect you also deleted the profile files, did you?

My best guess is that the profile files were corrupted, but as Corsair encrypt them it's hard to know. I feel encrypting them is an inappropriate design decision.

yeah, it deleted all my profiles. Corsair software engineers make some strange decisions.. but as someone who has been trying to use link since its first inception, things are running waaay smoother than they used to.

Archived