Corsair Community

Basic AX860 hybrid questions

CAlexS

Hi

I have a AX860.

I just want to confirm whether it's in hybrid mode or not. I am assuming you push down the button to where it says hybrid? (Might seem a silly question sorry).

Also can I flip this switch with the PC still on?

Thanks..

From memory you press the end of the switch where it says Hybrid in, you should know if it's in Hybrid mode as the fan won't be working when your PC is idling.

I wouldn't flip the switch with the PC running, in fact, to be on the safe side, I would probably pull the cable out of the back of the PSU and hold the PC power button in for 10 seconds, before I changed the switch. It doesn't take long to do that and it's a lot quicker and cheaper than replacing your PSU. I set mine to Hybrid in November 2013, when I bought it, and haven't touched it since and this is the third build that it's been in.

Thanks.

Reason why I ask is it will be a lot easier to compare temperature by flipping the switch on the fly. I don't doubt what you say for a second, but is anybody actually here from Corsair who can confirm? Otherwise I guess I'll create a ticket.

Archived