Corsair Community

RM1000x fan does not spin..?

GautamK

Hello Guys,

i am new user of corsair product, i build new pc and i bought couple of corsair product H115i cooler,780T case and RM1000x power supply..

i install everything and whenever i switch on the pc. PSU fan start to spin for couple of seconds then stop for whole time i mean then it does not spin at all..

and as on corsair link application i cant see PSU and Ram.. please see the attachment

Untitlhtyjjjed.thumb.jpg.f09c5ea35c359f4d8396100309b0afb8.jpg

You would need a RM1000i for CL to be able to report it. The PSU fan will only spin when it needs to.

For CL4 to report DIMMs they need to have MTS thermal sensors. Do your DIMMs have them? Does my SIV utility report them? If not what does [sMB Bus] report?

ohh so there is no way to On PSU fan and this is what status shows on your app please check..

AFAIK no, but I don't have an RM100x. Does the manual specify anything about forcing the fan on?

Given SIV reports the DIMMs temperatures then CL4 should do. You should log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask them to fix it.

If you read http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155914 you will see this is not the first time SIV has reported DIMMs when CL4 has failed to.

The memory only seems to be running at 2.14 GHz rather than 2.40 GHz. What does [ SPD ] report?

Its my personal build and first time i build something high end so don't know how much temperature need to be good or bad like all that.. is there any instruction to know that my temperature of CPU and other component is normal?

anyway here is the attachment of SPD,SMB and CHIPSET-MCH status.. please let me know if i need to do anything else? like configure?

Unthggggghitled.thumb.jpg.6deebebed0b5f13d278c705decc52faa.jpg

CHIPSET-MCH.thumb.jpg.f2b8dec4c9fb3f50c608984191a6d065.jpg

SPD-DET.thumb.jpg.370a68425193a3ac5829d464f1e11503.jpg

SMB-BUS.jpg.cb892ca45c889dafa205cdead511e747.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=25684&d=1466084848

please let me know if i need to do anything else?

Looking at the SPD I suspect you need to enable XMP in the BIOS. Once you do this then the memory should run at 2.40 GHz, does it?

SIV did not do as good a job as it should of reporting your motherboard as it detected it as a Gigabyte Z170X-GamingG1 rather than a Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 this will be trivial to fix. It would be handy if you e-mailed be the save files so I can test the changes. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225for how to generate them.

BTW it's better to use .PNG as this gives smaller crisper images than .JPG.

Yes i did enabled now and its running now at 2.40GHz but RAM still not showing in corsair link so how to enable that? and yes my motherboard is Gigabyte Gaming 7 ok will send the save files to your mail.

Yes i did enabled now and its running now at 2.40GHz but RAM still not showing in corsair link so how to enable that? and yes my motherboard is Gigabyte Gaming 7 ok will send the save files to your mail.

You can't. I expect there is a bug in the CL4 code that reads the DIMM information and Corsair need to fix it.

when i try to save local it get stuck at Processing Section 20 [heci-status]

btw this is my configure in corsair link please check attachment.

Strange, I have never see this before so will have a think about it. Use [save Selected] and before pressing [start] uncheck [heci-status].

Something is very strange. There is no way the fans will be running at 16 or 10 RPM :confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=25688&d=1466094543

ohh so what would be the problem here? its newly build and its still running at 30-38C when i switch on.. i have send Save File to your mail so please check and let me know how to fix all the issue if possible. thanks

Archived