Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2

IamMazin

Hello,

I have read the issues many have had with Corsair Link detecting their H100i.

The issue I am having is, not only does Windows 10 (64bit) not detect it in Device Manager, but I had unplugged and plugged the female connector into the USB header onto the mobo while my computer was running and BAM! The corsair light lit up white on the pump, and then it turned blue, and then it dimmed and finally turned off.

I've tried replicating the same thing, but now the light won't turn on, it's still not detected by Windows or CL.

Mobo is: Asus Maximus Hero VIII

I've connected this:

Female Connector

Into header in bottom center of photo (5 pins top, 4 pins bottom)

USB Header USB 1112

Would appreciate any help.

CPU Fan header in Bios has been disabled.

What's worrying me is that, when I had unplugged and plugged back into the USB Header, the Corsair logo lit up (still didn't appear in CL) but it lit up bright, then is went blue, and dimmed and eventually shut off.

I have the same mobo but no issues here.

Hmmm, I connected the two radiator fans to the splitter cable and plug that cable into my CPU Fan header.

The mini USB plugged into the pump (as that's the only place to plug) and the other end is plugged into a USB header on the mobo at the bottom.

Do you have this same connection set up?

Also, did you need to make any changes in BIOS for it to work properly?

Thanks.

CPU Fan header in Bios has been disabled.

What's worrying me is that, when I had unplugged and plugged back into the USB Header, the Corsair logo lit up (still didn't appear in CL) but it lit up bright, then is went blue, and dimmed and eventually shut off.

Good. I don't have an H80iV2, but expect it's the same as my H80iGT and with that the LED lights up when the USB cable is unplugged and doing unplug/plug had no effect on the LED colour.

Is the H80iV2 listed on Devices and Printers?

Hello red-ray,

I have an H110i V2. And no, it has never shown up in the Device Manager. Everything else seems to be working as it should be. I see no issues with temps either.

I'm wondering if it's a defective unit.

Any possibility it could be the mobo header? Or would other issues crop up if it was a mobo issue I wonder.

It could be almost anything. Were it my system I would try a different USB device in that header.

OK!

So it turns out the cooler I received was defective. I am now running on the one I received from Corsair and it's now detected by CLink.

The LED lights up and I'm noting it's running quieter. I'm guessing because it was ramping up to 100% whenever I ran an intensive application.

Is it normal to have one fan's RPM faster than another? Also, in the H100i V2 box in CLink is states the fan is at 0 RPM.

Please see attached and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. I would appreciate it. Profile settings are currently set to balanced.

http://imgur.com/Nb3ysce

Also, in the H100i V2 box in CLink is states the fan is at 0 RPM.

The pump speed is only 840 RPM which is far slower then it should be.

I suspect you need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS. If you have not done this then you need to do so.

I have set everything to manual, now the pump has a max of about 2700 I believe and it fluctuates around 1700, but did not usually hit the max (idle). I have not tested it under load.

I had already disabled CPU_FAN header in BIOS. Setting everything to manual allowed the pump to hit a higher RPM.

Now, how does having my fan settings in DC mode rather than PWM affect the cooler?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Archived