Corsair Community

Some questions of RapidFire

ar1xwe

First of all ~ Sorry about my horrible English.

I'll still try my best :D:

I already have one K70 MX RED, but I did realized there is a little problem with this keyboard.

Take a look at those images

http://i.imgur.com/ehKR3pp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C4YbxUh.jpg

and another keyboard which I have Cherry G80-3800

http://i.imgur.com/Ce9e5Q8.jpg

K70(MX RED) is really nice in gaming but when I coding (Vim) with it

it's pretty weird when you typing.

I can not feel the feedback force(Not a complete PRESS AND RELEASE) from K70(MX RED) and about Cherry G80-3800 MX RED, it works pretty nice.

btw it's equvalent to K70-RED(Same switch), but look at the distance which shows in images.

So...it's likes...I can hear the "Click" sound when I coding with G80-3800, but with K70(MX RED) i can not even hear/feel the feedback force, it's really weird feeling :o:

So...is Rapidfire really improve this problem ?

I am thinking ~ should I buy one ::pirate::

Rapidfire speed switches are "surer reds" designed for quick actuation in games. I've not used the switches myself, but I would not think they perform too well for typing compared to a tactile switch (but would perform similar to reds)

I would advise you to try out brown switches. They offer a middle ground between gaming and typing - and what I use on a daily basis. I do use reds when playing CSGO though...

SPEED: linear switch with low actuation force and very low actuation distance (think fast reds)

SILENT: linear switch with low noise (think quiet reds)

RED: very common and popular linear switch with light actuation force

BROWN: very common tactile switch with light actuation

BLUE: common tactile switch with heavier actuation and a more defined "bump" than the brown switches - also notably louder than any other switch in this list

Rapidfire speed switches are "surer reds" designed for quick actuation in games. I've not used the switches myself, but I would not think they perform too well for typing compared to a tactile switch (but would perform similar to reds)

I would advise you to try out brown switches. They offer a middle ground between gaming and typing - and what I use on a daily basis. I do use reds when playing CSGO though...

SPEED: linear switch with low actuation force and very low actuation distance (think fast reds)

SILENT: linear switch with low noise (think quiet reds)

RED: very common and popular linear switch with light actuation force

BROWN: very common tactile switch with light actuation

BLUE: common tactile switch with heavier actuation and a more defined "bump" than the brown switches - also notably louder than any other switch in this list

Which means MX SPEED is easier to trigger than MX RED !?

• Corsair Employees

^ Define easier?

Like Jkraghify stated, MX speed is similar to red switches due to the linear feel. The actuation distance is now 1.2mm oppose to 2mm in traditional reds. The switch themselves will feel easier to trigger because of the shorter actuation distance.

Archived