Corsair Community

Best way to hook up H90

yankeefan1188

Hello, just looking for some input on the best way to hook up the H90 cooler. I have it installed and it seems to be running great, I just OC'ed my CPU to 3.2 and never went above 45C, but as of writing I have the radiator fan plugged into the CPU fan header on my mobo and the pump plugged into the 'northbridge fan' header. I don't think my mobo allows me to directly control the fan speeds (unless I'm missing something).

So I was just wondering if it's okay for me to leave everything configured the way it is, with the mobo controlling things, or should I run the pump through a controller that will allow me to run it at 100%? Or is the pump regulating it's self based on temperature?

The pump needs a constant 12 volts. I am not familiar with your specific board, but headers were few on X58. The easiest solution would be to connect it directly to your power supply with a molex or SATA to 3 pin adapter directly from your power supply. You don't need the ability to control the pump, only to make sure it gets full power.

Archived