Corsair Community

Hydro Series H80i v2 changing the fans

Reclaimed Soul

Hi guys,

So im going to pick up the H80i v2 for my new 6700k build however i would like to change the stock fans that come with the cooler to these ones for a better visual effect.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CO-9050022-WW-SP120-Pressure-Single/dp/B00L64NYBG/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1465850489&sr=1-10&keywords=sp120

From the research i have done this is possible to do however i would not be able to use corsair link to control the fan speeds as these fans are not PWM.

Im hoping to overclock the CPU to around 4.6 Ghz is changing the fans going to cause issues with temps if i keep the CPU @ 100% from the motherboard controller with the replacement fans?

Just looking for some advice on this thanks

From the research i have done this is possible to do however i would not be able to use corsair link to control the fan speeds as these fans are not PWM.

You seem to be confusing what should be conceded to a H80iV2 and what CL4 can control :confused:

You could use these fans to cool the radiator, but you MUST not connect them to the H80iV2 as only PWM fans should be connected.

CL4 can control 3-pin voltage fans if you connect then via a CL Mini.

There are plenty of 120mm 4 pin PWM LED fans out there. Just watch your total current draw.

The 3 pin DC SP120 LED can be controlled from your motherboard/BIOS, bypassing the Link software. As mentioned, you won't have control over them when powered through the pump block without an additional device.

Archived