Corsair Community

AX860i random shutdown and clicking

Luckyman79uk

Hello Forum,

I purchased a AX860i at the end of March and it has been running beautifully until recently. I've started to experience random loss of power. The computer will shutdown and then the power supply will go into a loop of trying to switch on again. The fans will spin up for a moment and the mobo will light up and then die again and the power supply will click and keep repeating this. I have noticed the self test light flashes red during this loop.

I removed the PSU and plugged it into the mains and tried the self test and it flashed red initially. I tried it again several times and eventually it went green again.

I installed the PSU back into the computer and it booted fine. Eventually it switched off again randomly with the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or can offer any advise?

Many thank

Lo and behold the problem occurred again about a minute after I last posted. This time the computer shut down and it didn't loop this time. When I press the power switch nothing happens. There's power going to the mobo as some of the LEDs are lit up. I pressed the self test button and the PSU clicks but doesn't show any lights. I tried pressing the power switch on the PSU to off for a few minutes and turned it back on. There self test still clicks and shows no light.

I'm on my way to work now but when I get home I will take the PSU out of the system and try a self test.

I went ahead and got an RMA. It has already been approved and my replacement is on the way. I upgraded to express so I did not have to remove the old one until I received the new one. You should do the same. I do not think there is anything you can do yourself to resolve the issue.

GL

Have new unit installed, so far so good. Upgraded to an express RMA, service was courteous and efficient. Replacement shipped the next day and had it the following day. I am in CA. so shipping time was minimal. Thanks for not making a bad situation worse. My only dissatisfaction is having to pay for the return of the failed item. I could understand if it was working for a year or more; but this unit was only a couple of days past a month old.

Cheers.

Having the exact same problem with an AX 760i

Computer randomly shuts down and gets into a boot loop. After 5-6 attempts it starts to boot and after a while it shuts down again.

The problem appeared after updating windows 10 yesterday.

Upgraded all the drivers and re-installed the Corsair link to its latest version.

I also have a 750Rx which I will put into the system and let you know how it goes.

The question... can it be a software problem? After all the system does not even post after shut down for several minutes.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Have new unit installed, so far so good. Upgraded to an express RMA, service was courteous and efficient. Replacement shipped the next day and had it the following day. I am in CA. so shipping time was minimal. Thanks for not making a bad situation worse. My only dissatisfaction is having to pay for the return of the failed item. I could understand if it was working for a year or more; but this unit was only a couple of days past a month old.

Cheers.

The express RMA service was really good imo too. But yeah that return carriage was a killer.

Archived