Corsair Community

K95 RGB: Can't use G-keys while macro execution?

vertex

I have a simple macro that simulates pressing the right mouse button for 5.5 seconds and then releases it (on G11).

While this macro is being executed I can't use any "key stroke" actions on other G-keys that should do nothing more than "ctrl+s" (G7) or "ctrl+d" (G9) or trigger another single key like "j" (G8).

"Remapped" G-keys like qQ (G10) and eE (G12) work however.

I'm not sure if I can run two macros simultaneously - but in my opinion this should be possible? Otherwise the whole concept is rather useless..?

Anyhow: am I doing something wrong here, or is this a :eek: restriction of the software?

Thanks for the answer.

On the topic of simultaneous macros - I'd think it shouldn't be that big of an issue to have an "NKRO virtual keyboard" interfacing a dynamic macro key stack. After all two macros at the same time ain't much more than the combination of two arrays or combining/pressing multiple keys at once. If NKRO is a thing, simultaneous macros could (and should) be too.

But on the current issue, apart from simultaneous macros: what about the simple "key stroke" assignment? That's not a macro but doesn't work either :(

Yeah, well.. I'm a bit tired of waiting now. So I guess the answer to the main question regarding key stroke assignment would be the same mimimi anyways.

I'll remap some of the G-keys with F13 to F24 and code my "macros" (most of which are just key combinations, anyways) using AutoHotkey. It's just sad that you guys made the better keyboard, but can't or don't want to code properly. Next stuff on my desk will probably carry a different logo.

• Corsair Employee

Sorry, I don't typically monitor these forums so PM me if you need a quicker response.

To address your questions though, NKRO is a hardware solution, not software. The software does have a limit though on the virtual keyboard, which I believe is 6KRO. There are some ramifications of submitting too many commands at once, especially in games, which could lead to "spamming." However, it is something we can look into if there is demand for it.

As for the keystroke happening while a macro is running, its not possible because the remap key combination is still a macro. You can do both independently through single key remap because that isn't designed to be a macro.

Archived