Corsair Community

H105 240mm top mount making gurgling sounds

zadenaki

I bought the corsair h105 240mm as recommended for my amd 9590 cpu 12/3/2014 and it just recently as of today started making gurgling and waterfalling sounds. I have repeatedly checked for leaks and wettnes but found no signs of any leaks or moisture, should I be concerned and replace it or is that nomal. It does well to keep my cpu cool even though the socket temp gets fairly warm. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

If it's new behavior, chances are there is a little bubble or two causing the disturbance. This can also happen in an under-filled cooler, but then the gurgle would have been present from the start.

There are a couple of ways to try and deal with it.

1) Turn the case over on it's side and see if the bubble with work itself out. You may need to leave it in that position and running for a few hours. Not all cases can be tipped over so easily or they may be another reason not to do so.

2) If so, disconnect the fans and unbolt the radiator while leaving the pump block in place. Turn the radiator back and forth while powered on the try and create the same effect above. Fortunately, you don't need to do it for a few hours. You can try a little shake as well. Be careful not to pull on the tubes more than necessary. If there is a bubble, you can usually work it out in 30 seconds and then put everything back together.

There is another possibility. If you are able to monitor pump RPM, give it a good look. You are looking for sputtering or a drop in pump RPM. Something like HWMonitor or better AIDA64 with a line graph of pump speed will make changes clear. It is allowed to fluctuate a bit. But drops of 50 rpm or more might signal a weakness.

If you are powering the pump straight from the power supply via molex or something else, you will not. If on the motherboard, it will show on the appropriate fan header. You can temporarily move it the board if you have a free header. Regardless, the gurgle is not usually a sign of danger. More serious problem will feature some sort of mechanical noise as well.

I do have it plugged in to the motherboard CPU fan heading but I still get no pump info. All I really needed to know is that the noise is not meens to cause much worry. I never noticed any pump noise so I assume it is workink properly. The only noise is the gurgling sound that just started recently. Thank you for the helpful replies

As long as the gurgle is random and inconsistent, I wouldn't worry. No mechanical device in this price realm is going to turn 90,000 times per hour without missing a beat now and then. If the gurgle becomes frequent, then it may bear more investigation.

I am not sure why you can't get a reading from CPU_FAN. I don't know the AMD boards at all, but perhaps if the control is disabled at the BIOS level to ensure a constant 12v to pump, it prevents the speed from registering.

Archived