Corsair Community

H100i coolant temp range ?

Kippsy

Have searched for abit but am unable to find the the answer I need - What is the maxium operating temperature, and also the optimal temperature (If there is indeed one) of the coolant within a H100i please ?

Have added a 2nd GPU and things are certainly getting toasty in there now - Seeing coolant temps of around 50c whilst gaming (Rapidly falls back down to a few deg above ambient very quickly, no issue's with anything not working correctly)

Wondering if I need to water cool 1, or both the GPU's now to lower the heat being sent through the cpu cooler

There is no official posted limit and the rubber is rated for beyond what you would want flowing through your system. The issue is you can no longer keep your CPU temps at load in your comfort zone. If your normal voltage induced delta over water temp is +30C at 1.xx volts, then at 20C water you cruise easily at 50C peak temps. When you are 50C, no you hit the 80's and that's where most people start to get uncomfortable.

The Ti's are heat monsters. I would want to go full water on both. That is not an inexpensive proposition. An imperfect alternative is to go BIG on your case. The more space you can put between the radiator and the Ti x 2, the better. This certainly will not be as effective as water cooling the GPU's, but it offers some aid and a much lower cost.

Something you could try immediately is to move the H100i to the front intake. Normally I counsel against this and it will heat up the board and memory further, although you are surely no where near their limits. It hopefully will put the radiator out of the thermal bleed zone around the GPUs and take the water temp down a little.

I dont think normally this would be an issue (Live up North in the Uk so its generally not so warm - Going through mid to high 20 ambient at the moment during day time so possibly chose the worst time to add the 2nd GPU)

In the mean time Ive backed my CPU overclock off abit and lowered the voltage, which has brought the CPU peak temp down a few deg, coolant temp is still high 40's under load though after 20 mins. (I'd actually forgot i was still running @ 5ghz core as was playing around with Firestrike when I added the GPU)

I think long term water cooling the GPU's is a must (Just a shame everything is so dam expensive :D:)

Thanks for the reply btw

I still am amazed every time the Ti and water temp issue arises. The first time, I was completely baffled and we went on for a week trying to figure out the issue. It can't possibly put out so much heat, even in an idle state to affect the other components. Yes, it can. It's enough to cause a misdiagnosis of a failing cooler.

I still am amazed every time the Ti and water temp issue arises. The first time, I was completely baffled and we went on for a week trying to figure out the issue. It can't possibly put out so much heat, even in an idle state to affect the other components. Yes, it can. It's enough to cause a misdiagnosis of a failing cooler.

Ive previously had 2 x 770's in the same case with same setup etc - And the temps were fine. Im surprised how much heat 2 ti's give out myself now :eek:

Archived