Corsair Community

Corsair+Cherry MX Blue QC Issues? Browns vs Blues?

TheBistro

The purpose of this post is maybe to sum up of what i think has been happening over the issue of the Cherry MX Blue QC crisis, but also i want to know what I personally should get for myself (risk the Blues, or get the Browns).

I have been reading on this forum for a while now, without being a user, watching this chaos unfold as everyone is being disappointed with their Cherry MX Blue switches, mainly on their K70 LUX RGB board (I too want this keyboard with the Blues). But, what i also have seen (or have not) is Corsairs lack of responding to such complaints. I only saw one response from a Corsair member talking about the "breaking in" period, other than that, we have been in the dark. I do not mind purchasing Cherry MX Browns, as they also have a nice sound to them, but i more prefer the Blues. Now, I do not think this is Corsairs fault.On the multiple threads that I have read, there have been more educated users in this field than I, that have provided links to show that the Ducky Shine 5, also had problems with their Cherry MX Blues, which makes me believe that this is a Cherry QC issue, rather than a Corsair QC issue (also not a specific RGB switch issue). In total, i think both parties are at fault, but I personally think more of it goes to Cherry, because they make the switch itself, and we really have been expecting quality from them for a while now.

Now I ask this. Because I am set on getting the K70 LUX RGB, what switches would everyone recommend? Should i get the Blues which i was more inclined to buy before my research? Or should I get the Browns, as they are the safer choice, but not my first pick? I went into a Best Buy the other day and I tested out the Reds, which i hear are similar to the Browns, just without the tactile "bump"(I do like the Reds, but I hear they aren't the best for typing, unless someone can tell me otherwise).

I guess before I close this super long post (I'm so sorry), I would like to say that I think Corsair as a company, is trying to help us the most they can. When Blues were discontinued in the first place, they brought them back (to what i hope was for the consumer). Also I think that the people posting on the forums are of a minority that get their keyboards with this problem (I hope at least). It seems to me with any new product there are "lemons". You don't see people post about how nice and awesome their new keyboard is (saying that theirs is NOT a "lemon"), you see the people with said "lemons" complaining about the quality (which they have all the right to do so). Thats really it guys, tell me what you personally think about this ongoing problem, or if you've experienced problems with the Blues, Reds, or Browns, and what you think Corsair should do about it!

Just a couple of thoughts after reading your post:

1. the lack of replies from Corsair on this forum recently is probably because most of them were out for Computex (which just ended).
  2. Cherry, as far as I know, to produce the blue switches still uses really OLD machines that constantly break down and further delay the production. I remember reading on reddit that even the ones working on the blue switches production define them as a "nightmare to produce", thought I can't find the exact link for this right now. If you search around yourself you may find it.

That said, personally I would suggest you to get brown switches. But only because I like the brown switches myself and hate the noisy blue ones :p:

I've been commenting on the vast threads talking about the issues with the Cherry MX Blue's and after quite a while of trying to decide whether to buy them or not, I went with sort of simple logic thinking of exactly your " lemon " analogy.

I ordered them off of a website selling them for £134.99, which is cheaper than the Corsair's price of £139.99! The keyboard is supposed to be arriving by friday, so I will inform you guys by then but I have gone with the K70 LUX MX Blues.

To: terabyte-Ah, i was not aware that they were at Computex, so my apologies there. And i will look into it, when i was at the store the other day i did seem to like the Reds, and i assume the Browns will be much better. I will look into what you said about the production line of the Cherrys, i know they are one of the older if not oldest companies in the keyboard business.

To: OhhWhen- Yes you were one of the many people that i have read posts about.. Please keep me updated about your experience! In the end, even if they are bad, you can just submit an RMA, and get a new keyboard (or however that works, i dont really know the specifics).

@ OP the browns are nice since they're an in between switch. As to how similar they are to the blues it's basically blues without the click when they actuate, and a slightly less noticeable tactile feedback making them sorta feel like reds if you type heavy handed.

@ OP the browns are nice since they're an in between switch. As to how similar they are to the blues it's basically blues without the click when they actuate, and a slightly less noticeable tactile feedback making them sorta feel like reds if you type heavy handed.

Yea Im probably going to get the Browns. Thanks for the input!

Archived