Corsair Community

Corsair K70 Lux vs Strafe

MrMackeyMKayyy

I was originally comparing the Corsair K70 RGB to the Corsair Strafe RGB. I liked the build quality/style of the K70 RGB better but chose the Strafe RGB over it due to the fact that it has a USB pass-through and better key illumination (especially with the while back plate underneath the keys). I was about to buy the Corsair Strafe RGB until a friend of mine told me to check out the Corsair K70 Lux RGB.

What is the difference between the Corsair K70 RGB and the Corsair K70 Lux RGB? I noticed that the Lux has a USB pass-through which is great, but I'm curious if the LED illumination is any better and/or up to par with the Corsair Strafe RGB?

I appreciate any help, would love to grab one of the boards.

• Corsair Employees
I wouldn't compare it to the Strafe because they are in different class. If you are comparing the K70 RGB vs. K70 LUX RGB, the LUX series has a new lighting controller, USB pass through and Strafe font keycaps w/ additional MOBA/FPS grey keycaps.

I wouldn't compare it to the Strafe because they are in different class. If you are comparing the K70 RGB vs. K70 LUX RGB, the LUX series has a new lighting controller, USB pass through and Strafe font keycaps w/ additional MOBA/FPS grey keycaps.

Could you elaborate on how they are a different class? I don't really see much of a difference between them. My main thing is how much the RGB LEDs illuminate off of the keyboard (brighter the better). When I was looking at the k70 rgb and comparing it to the strafe (color intensity wise) the strafe was by far the winner, especially since it had that white plate under the keys to make it reflect better off of the surface.

• Corsair Employees

As evilryusam have stated, the K70 LUX RGB has the same controller as STRAFE RGB, but the white background on the STRAFE RGB does make it look brighter.

The main difference between the K series and STRAFE RGB is the Chassis. K series uses aluminum, while STRAFE uses plastic w/ white background.

If you are comparing mainly just lighting, then I agree with you that the STRAFE RGB is brighter due to white background.

Archived