Corsair Community

H115i benchmarks?

Maru

I don't know if that will be all that helpful since temperatures are CPU model, voltage, and environmentally dependent. If you want to see cooling temperatures for the same hardware in the same environment, most professional reviews have a collection of various cooler data points. The spread is usually somewhat slight. The real advantage of 280mm cooling is you can let the fans go in a low speed state most all the time, even when under moderate load. It will not be as buzzy as a pair of 120mm fans on a radiator.

Perhaps what you would really like to see is the temperatures other 6700K owners get at 1.xx Vcore with a 280mm radiator. That won't remove the environmental factor, but does offer a spread across varying conditions.

FWIW, my Phanteks PH-TC14PE (similar to the Noctua NH-D15) hit 88C on my hottest core in Prime95 v26.6 small FFT. And it was dang near dead silent with two Corsair AF-140 quiet editions at 100%.

I opted for the H115i so I could reclaim PCIE slot 1 on my X99 Classified, and so I could run a full 16 lanes on my 980 Ti, have 8 lanes for my RAID controller, and 4 lanes for my 950 Pro NVME in an expansion card while leaving space between all the cards for airflow.

My Corsair H115i in quiet mode is roughly twice as loud as the Phanteks with AF140 fans - which is to say, noticeable but not loud. Temperature wise in the same test, the Corsair H115i hits 84C on my hottest core. In Performance mode, which is REALLY REALLY LOUD, the hottest core hits 79C. In Balanced mode the hottest core hits 82C, and is about half as loud as Performance mode.

I'm planning on ditching the standard fans and going with something like a pair Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-3 for their very high static pressure, 105CFM, and fairly low 28.5 dBA. That, and they are only 1400 RPM, so at the Performance setting they will spin just a bit faster than the stock Corsairs in Quiet mode but should, kind of ironically, be much quieter.

For reference, I'm running a 5820K @4.5GHz and 1.35V (1.2V offset +150), with 64GB of Corsair LPX Vengeance 2800MHz RAM @3200MHz.

Wow.

Changed out the stock fans on my H115i for two Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-3 fans. I was wrong in my prediction that they would be quieter than my stock fans in quiet mode, but only just.

They are not PWN, just 3 pin, so they run at 100% fan speed which is about 1340 RPM (or so Corsair Link reports). In performance mode, 100% fan and pump, they are slightly louder than the stock fans at their lowest speed (40%).

Using the same tests as before, Prime95 version 26.6 Small FFTs and Blend, my two hottest cores average 80 to 81C. I did see quick spikes to 85C rarely, but it didn't linger at that temperature for more than a few seconds.

Expensive, but worth it for the low noise output to performance ratio.

The B14-PS is the PWM version that would allow you control the fans through the pump block and Link. If you keep the 3 pin DC model, you may want to move them to the motherboard to regain control. You don't need 1300 rpm on a 280mm radiator unless you are stress testing. Most people can run minimal fan speeds in the 500-700 range on a H110i/GT/GTX/H115 while under a moderate load, like gaming . This is the advantage of 280mm cooler. Those are not loud fans, but nothing ever sounds good at 100%.

Archived