Corsair Community

Issue with Corsair Link Commander Mini

PapaHomey

I purchased a Commander Mini so that I could pump info from my 110i CPU cooler and my HX1000i power supply into Corsair Link, and also run some LED lights from Corsair Link as well.

The lighting seems like a no brainer, as do the fan controls.

But, I can't for the life of me see how I'm supposed to connect my 110i and HX1000i to the Commander Mini. Both of these devices use USB 2.0 header to USB mini cables to connect to Corsair Link.

My motherboard only has two internal USB 2.0 headers, and I need one of those for the USB 2.0 ports on the front of my case. Currently I have the HX1000i disconnected from Corsair Link.

The Commander Mini came with a cable with small 4 pin female connectors on each end for connecting to the Commander Mini. And, Corsair doesn't sell mini USb to 4 pin female connectors, so I have no idea how the Commander Mini is supposed to support up to four Corsair Link devices.

Any help, or advice, would be greatly appreciated.

1. You can't C-Link connect the H110i via the CL Mini and have to use USB and yes I think this is silly, but that is the way it is.
  2. There should be a C-Link cable that came with the HX1000i that will enable you to C-Link connect it rather than USB connect it. If needed I can post a picture. Don't connect the USB cable.
  3. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585 for two options for more USB connections.

Well shoot! Thanks for the quick reply though. I guess that means I'll return the Commander Mini and the light kit, since I still need three USB 2.0 headers.

Does the 100i come with a C-link cable, or does it have to use a USB 2.0 header too?

Thanks again.

The NZXT IU01 specified in #3 will give you 3 USB 2.0 headers.

Exactly what is a 100i? When you said 110i I guessed you meant H110i, but 100i could mean any of H100i, H100iGTX or H100iV2. Of these only the H100i can by C-Link connected via a CL Mini.

Sorry about the confusion, but you guessed correctly I meant the H100i. But none of that matters the NZXT IU01 would solve my problem without the Commander Mini. Sorry I didn't recognize this with your first post!

Thank you very much, you've been a tremendous help! :D:

Archived