Corsair Community

RM850i little software bug

Tobalex

I just got my new rmi 850 and it is working perfectly fine. Also corsair link has no problem with the monitoring. But the graph that shows the power draw over time has a little problem. It always tries to adjust itself to the current power draw but only when the power draw goes up. So for example if my power draw rises to 500w than this is the new maximum. If my power draw lowers itself again the graph does not adjust to that new maximum too. That in intself still wouldn't be that bad but sometimes i get wrong numbers for half a second and it ends up like this:

unbenannt-2kaq0i.jpg

As you can see the graph is now completely useless. So a simple feature that measures the average power draw over the last 5 seconds or so and adjust the graph to that number would solve that problem. Because after these short spikes the wattage is correct again as you can see in the bottom left corner.

So a simple feature that measures the average power draw over the last 5 seconds or so and adjust the graph to that number would solve that problem.

I found that once in a while some Corsair PSUs return obviously incorrect information which is what I suspect triggered this. One sample of 30 MW would cause issues even when averaged over the last 5 samples so using the average power would not really help.

My solution for SIV is to sanity check the returned values and when appropriate retry the read. I suspect CL4 does not do this.

SIV also counts these retries and below you can see there were 50 + 34 in total. AXi PSUs seem to need more retries than other Corsair PSUs and my AX1500i has a higher % retry rate then my AX760i. I have never seen a retry for my TPG-0650D.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25556&stc=1&d=1465200131

619362447_LinkPower.thumb.png.cbf286daf70333ef0295fe09babc3610.png

Archived