Corsair Community

Painting/Plastidip H110i GT pump unit.

Ca1ibos

I'm going for the Black and White aesthetic. White Air 540 Case, Asus z170-A mobo. I'm awaiting an Asus Strix GTX1080 GPU and will be White Plastidiping parts of the modular shroud.

I'd like to paint the top of the H110i GT pump cpu unit white while leaving the Metallic painted piece with the Corsair Text as is. Has anyone else done this before. If I don't like it i can just peel the plastidip off. Does anyone know if the top of the pump unit can be removed for painting. I see 4 screws for example, or will I have to leave the part I want painted in situ and just mask off the area I want left as is.

I can't see any scenario where plastidip 'painting' part of the black plastic Pump housing could actually cause any issue with the unit though I do of course understand that Corsair could use it as a reason not to honour the warranty for a completely unrelated hardware problem if such a problem arose. However, Plastidip can be peeled off once its cured leaving no trace. Obviously I'd peel it off if ever I needed to send off the unit to Corsair for warranty repair or replacement. Corsair would be none the wiser and tbh I'd not feel I had done anything deceptive or wrong because how could plastidip on a small part of the outside housing cause any issues with the pump internals.

Archived