Corsair Community

One stick of TwinX1024-3200LL Bad

theAntipop

Hi, I have a matched set of TwinX 1GB (2x512mb) sticks (part number XMS3205v1.2). I've never had any problems with the sticks in the few months I've had them. But after playing World of Warcraft I started getting a large amount of memory address errors. After running Memtest86 to see if the problem was with the game or the hardware, I received over 10,000 errors in a single run. I tried the sticks in different configurations and came to the conclusion that only one of the sticks was giving me errors. With just the good stick in I do not have any problems. For these tests I reverted my system back to completely stock speeds. Details of my system are below.

Shuttle SN41G2v2 Nforce 2 IGP

AMD Athlon XP-Mobile 2600+

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW

NEC 3500A DVD+/-RW

Right now I am running with the single good stick with the processor at 2.3ghz (200mhz FSB x 11.5 multi) and both WoW and Memtest do not report errors. If an RMA is in order, what is your policy on cross-shipping? Because without this memory I have no backup in order to run my machine. Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
I would try and lower the CPU multiplier to 9 or 10 and test the other module with the Dim Voltage set to 2.7 Volts to make sure its not the CPU. And you will be able to OC your CPU higher with one module than you would with both.

I tried with the other module at 133 FSB on a 9x multiplier with 2.7v Dim voltage and that still showed a number of errors in a Memtest run.

To clarify, the second stick will not pass Memtest (or play World of Warcraft) even when the CPU is UNDERclocked at default front side bus and relaxed RAM timings.

• Corsair Employee

Lets get them replaced. Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Warranty@corsairmemory.com. Or you can also use the On Line RMA Request Form as well.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to rma@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived