Corsair Community

H115i noise RMA?

sawman10

I have recently purchased an h115i from newegg and it has this weird ticking like noise when in performance mode and I was wandering if it was normal or if it was a defect of some sort... any help is appreciated :)

[ame]

[/ame]

HERE IT IS

The pump should not tick and click... ever. If it does not do this in quiet pump mode at the lower RPM, but does click at higher speeds, this suggests a mechanical issue rather than an adjustable setting or inconsistent power delivery. You can be very thorough if you choose and try another SATA connection (both cable and PSU connection), but I am not optimistic it will cause a change.

I would RMA or exchange the unit. Normally on a brand new unit, it is quicker and easier to return it to the vendor if you are still in your return window. However, I am not sure I would classify Newegg as friendly with returns. If you RMA through Corsair, be sure and expressly indicate this a brand new unit (you will also have to upload the invoice). They should make this a user friendly process.

Archived