Corsair Community

How long can a H100i last?

pcnuttie

I had this cooler for about probably almost three years or two i forgot when i purchased this and i should keep count on my components so i can know how old they have been. I never had ANY issues or anything and i would like to know what is the likely chance how long can this cooler last? 5 years and more? How do we know when it's at it's end of the life? Has anyone had these coolers for a very very long time? I keep it clean from dust too. I don't disturb it much but i always keep it clean. Thoughts and advice anyone? It would be great if an Corsair rep would show up. I really like your product and it has been running solid like a rock for a very long time. So do your rams! Get back to me ya'all.

It is intended to last a bit longer than 5 years. Otherwise Corsair would get dragged over the rocks on all the warranty claims. Like any manufactured product, not all the items off the assembly line are perfect. Those tend to reveal themselves very early on. So if you are still running three years in, you probably don't have any defects. The most likely long terms issues are pump viability and unintended fluid loss. The pump part is fairly obvious. It is the one moving mechanical piece and if it starts to make strange noises, it may be developing an issue. The fluid loss is not the dramatic scary kind, but a very slow evaporation or loss of fluid over a long period of time. The pump may gurgle on a regular basis and if you lose enough the performance would decrease. This is not a common problem and there are other uncommon possibilities you shouldn't worry about. Strange noises and loss of performance are always to two key things to look and listen for. There is nothing to be concerned about until one of those two things happens.

Archived