Corsair Community

Worst Software Ever

bert516

If one spends 100$ on a peripheral, one expects it to work. May even go so far as to say "plug and play".

I purchased the void wireless headset yesterday and it's awesome! The software that enables all the user functionality: lights, surround sound, equalizer, etc... just does not work. The driver that is installed is not digitally signed by Microsoft and won't install properly. However, when using without the CUE software, the headset works just fine. I just don't get the options of changing all the colors of the lights and playing with the equalizer or surround. I just expect these things to work, 100$ is not a light price tag for a headset. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem with the drivers not digitally signed and how did you fix it?

-Thanks for taking time to read my semi-salty post, and thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

The headset works fine without installing the CUE software, provided you don't want full user functionality, lights, surround, and so on. It would seem after installing the software and doing the firmware update, windows 7 does not seem to want to install the drivers fully. By "fully" I mean it shows in device manager as installed with a yellow exclamation. Device manager says that the drivers are not digitally signed by Microsoft and therefore won't install and give me the functionality of the headset. This seems to be a common problem, on more than just this forum, I would think there should be a fix. I really don't know how to further explain this problem. This is what is happening.

-Thanks in advance again! :)

Archived