Corsair Community

Corsair h75 on asus maximum vii ranger

HIGKILLER

So after putting everything togheter i just had to connect the cooling to the mobo, now is where it gets tricky, i connected the fans to the adaptor and to cpu fan (turned on pc works) and i placed the pump on CPU_OUT but i dont know if the pump works properly, any helps please?

On Asus boards, CPU & OPT fans run the same speed, with CPU_Fan acting as the control. This makes it perfect for installing two CPU fans, each with their own header, but not useful for much else. If you have a water pump header on that board, move the 3 pin H75 power lead to it. It is designed to provide the constant 12v the pump needs. You can leave the two fans on a splitter on CPU fan or attach them individually to CPU & OPT. It won't make a difference for performance and you are well under the current (1.0A) limit for the header.

Sorry, I read an extra "I" into your board and made it a z170. Connect the fans into CPU-Fan. Connect the pump into any spare CHA-Fan header. You can also do the reverse, with the pump on Cpu-fan and the radiator fans on a cha-fan. That would be my preferred way if you are using AI Suite for fan control. The CPU fan header can be locked out to run 12v all the time and immunize it from AI suite control. You can do the same for a CHA header, but certain conditions may override the full speed setting. In the BIOS, set the pump header to Full Speed in the Q-fan control.

Your board can do 3 or 4 pin leads on every header. For a DC 3 pin fan, one pin will be unused. There is a small plastic groove to guide you. Don't force it. It only fits one way.

Pump speed should not change. It needs to be 12v all the time. This should be seen as 1450-1500 rpm in the BIOS or monitoring software.

Radiator fans speeds can be set to a constant and left alone. They do not need to respond to CPU load directly, but I would still set them to some sort of CPU temperature dependent curve in the BIOS. If you are already using AI Suite for case fan control, there is no reason not to set a curve for the CPU fans as well.

Archived