Corsair Community

Cherry MX Blues

OhhWhen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys was wondering if it was worth trading in the lux browns for the blues, even knowing that there maybe be some problems. I'd appreciate any help and info thank you.

Does your lux browns have a whine noise when the brightness is up?

Yeah again I want to confirm that the 'break-in' period is real for the normal-sized keys. It only took 3-4 days for mine, which is faster than what Corsair reps have claimed, which is a good thing.

It is true that larger keys require more force. It isn't a deal-breaker for me and I see it as being more rugged. I am not saying this to defend a decision or to defend a purchase. I was freaking out and rather angry when I heard about these issues before my board arrived, and when it finally did, sure enough, you can hear it in the video a few pages ago - the 'o' key was the most obvious problem during the clip. Now everything is fine including that key. I was a bit surprised by the wrist rest - it's going to sound weird but it has a very soft feel to it and I can't really explain what it is made out of.

Well i went ahead and went on live support seeing as how my phone was getting low on battery, was told that i couldn't just swap the browns for blues.

For that to happen i would need to ask for a refund on the brown LUX rgb, and then order the blue switch variant which we all know is currently sold out on corsair's store. Looks like i'm sticking with the browns xD

Well i went ahead and went on live support seeing as how my phone was getting low on battery, was told that i couldn't just swap the browns for blues.

For that to happen i would need to ask for a refund on the brown LUX rgb, and then order the blue switch variant which we all know is currently sold out on corsair's store. Looks like i'm sticking with the browns xD

Nope... You aren't stuck: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816077&cm_re=K70_lux-_-23-816-077-_-Product

:D:

Guys, i may have found a fix thay may/ may not work for you to fix the non - clicky keys. Push down on the switch without the keycap on and blow compressed air on it while pushed down. If you don't have compressed air, just blow on it.

Guys, i may have found a fix thay may/ may not work for you to fix the non - clicky keys. Push down on the switch without the keycap on and blow compressed air on it while pushed down. If you don't have compressed air, just blow on it.

...or you could just keep using it. Only took about 4 days and suddenly everything is perfect. It's weird.

Hey everyone,

my brother actually ended up purchasing one of these from Newegg and right out of the box, it was night and day compared to the one I bought at launch. His keys weren't stiff at all and even the larger keys felt great to press. Also his spacebar was a completely different in feel and sound compared to my unit. So I'm guessing there are good units out there. The only complaint on his is his unit has more keys that make that ping noise but in terms of the switches themselves, complete difference.

Hey everyone,

my brother actually ended up purchasing one of these from Newegg and right out of the box, it was night and day compared to the one I bought at launch. His keys weren't stiff at all and even the larger keys felt great to press. Also his spacebar was a complete 360 in feel and sound compared to my unit. So I'm guessing there are good units out there. The only complaint on his is his unit has more keys that make that ping noise but in terms of the switches themselves, complete difference.

Hey, Could you take a video of you typing on it?

Sure thing:

So how do the ALL the keys feel on this one compared to the first one you got? Did this actually feel like a normal cherry mx blue keyboard? were any of the modifiers and main keys stiff out of the box like the first time?

So how do the ALL the keys feel on this one compared to the first one you got? Did this actually feel like a normal cherry mx blue keyboard? were any of the modifiers and main keys stiff out of the box like the first time?

It honestly feels like a completely different keyboard. If someone had blindfolded me and made me type on both keyboards, I would of never guessed the first one was using MX Blues. It really does feel completely different, we just received this keyboard today in the mail and right out of the box it was perfect. Absolutely no stiff keys, the clicks sound crisp and the larger keys with stabilizers are so much smoother and easy to press down.

I used my old one excessively for a month and while it did slightly improve, I was never really satisfied with how the keys felt, it felt like I was typing on a switch with an activation force much higher than 60g.

It honestly feels like a completely different keyboard. If someone had blindfolded me and made me type on both keyboards, I would of never guessed the first one was using MX Blues. It really does feel completely different, we just received this keyboard today in the mail and right out of the box it was perfect. Absolutely no stiff keys, the clicks sound crisp and the larger keys with stabilizers are so much smoother and easy to press down.

I used my old one excessively for a month and while it did slightly improve, I was never really satisfied with how the keys felt, it felt like I was typing on a switch with an activation force much higher than 60g.

This is good news. I guess I might have to order another one and try it out, however this time I will be ordering from amazon in case I do receive a bad unit and have to return it. So overall, you would now say that this feels like 100% Cherry MX Blue keyboard?

This is good news. I guess I might have to order another one and try it out, however this time I will be ordering from amazon in case I do receive a bad unit and have to return it. So overall, you would now say that this feels like 100% Cherry MX Blue keyboard?

Yep, this one feels like a true 100% Cherry MX Blue keyboard. I'm not exaggerating, the first one was honestly fatiguing my fingers very fast with how stiff it was, this one is extremely smooth on all the keys.

Yep, this one feels like a true 100% Cherry MX Blue keyboard. I'm not exaggerating, the first one was honestly fatiguing my fingers very fast with how stiff it was, this one is extremely smooth on all the keys.

That was my exact problem with the first one. I just hope when I order mine, I get a smooth one with no problems.

Archived