Corsair Community

Corsair Sabre or M65 pro?

YoloSwag

As someone who owns both the M65 non-pro RGB and the Sabre, I would say it depends on your use case primarily. If you play first person games at low sensitivity, I'd recommend the Sabre, since it's a fair bit lighter than the M65 Pro. However, the Sabre pretty much has to be used with a claw grip due to its shape. If you have smaller hands, I suppose it's possible to palm grip it. The lack of a sniper button also means you can have a more firm grip on it, especially useful for low-sensitivity gaming. Materials-wise, the Sabre is entirely plastic, with the actual grip surface being a (imo) very nice matte plastic covering the entire body.

The M65 is significantly heavier than the Sabre, even with the weights removed. If you play on high sensitivity, the extra weight might actually be helpful, since it takes more force to move the mouse. The materials on the M65 are different, as well; it has an aluminum core, with a hard plastic with a gritty, sandpaper-like finish on the sides, while on the top it uses a soft-touch matte plastic that is similar to the Sabre's, but it feels slightly different in some way to me.

My opinion: if you're playing something like Counter-Strike where low sensitivity and fast movements will be a priority, I think the Sabre will be the better mouse because of its lighter weight. If you're playing something where low sensitivity isn't required (Battlefield, RTS games, maybe MOBAs), the M65 Pro is a good option. Really, it comes down to wanting a heavy mouse (M65 Pro) or a lighter mouse (Sabre).

I've used M65 for over 5 years and still use it today.

The shape of it fits in my hand well and the concave angle allows me to use fingers 1,4,5 to scoot and pickup the mice easily. On the sabre, it's lightweight and has a good feel as well but it really doesn't beat the M65 in my opinion. There's a reason why after so long since it's inception that the shape hasn't changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

What is your play style? Do you tend to lift up the mouse when you game? If you do, the Sabre is best for this.

The M65 Pro RGB has an updated sensor and the sniper button feature, which is also good for FPS and is definitely much heavier than the Sabre.

Like others have stated, everyone has different hand size so it's best if you can get a hands on demo both.

Thank you for everyone's help. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on testing both of them out. I might just buy both of them and see which one suits me well. Only because by looking at reviews, both do look normal to me. My mouse that came with my PC when I bought it has small wings, but those wings are really "fat" and close to the top of the mouse. So by looking at these, I can see my other fingers will have a nice comfortable position, especially since there is a nice wide area to rest them on. So that puts a check on both mice. Second, some mice have this bump on the sides near the back of the mouse. It really bothers me and makes it feel uncomfortable. These 2 don't. I guess the only main problem would be either weight, or the overall shapes.

Archived